TV Anorak: An American Intro To British TV-The U's

anorak
1. British: A person obsessively interested in a thing or topic that doesn't seem to warrant such attention.

This series of Challenge posts is an introduction to British TV shows for my fellow Americans. For instructions on how to play different region-coded DVD's, please go either here or here to read my previous blog posts that should clear up any confusion. Next up:
a-to-z-letters-u

Are there "U" shows? Yep! I actually have three, but we're only gonna cover two (I'm NOT an Upstairs, Downstairs fan-the new version, haven't seen the old, so I'm leaving it out).

Ultimate Force
I think I might have mentioned my love for action/military shows in the "S's"...this show is the poster child for said shows. If you can think of a hot British actor, odds are, he's been in this show about a special black ops squad. Richard Armitage, Jamie Draven, Jamie Bamber, Elliot Cowan, Tobias Menzies, Laurence Fox, hell, even Ross Kemp grows on you after a while! Hot men kicking ass...does it get any better?

Ultraviolet
I might be the only person on the planet that has seen this show, but I still loved it! There was only one series, and it got cancelled, so no tie up at the closing, but it's basically about vampires and the secret detective unit created to hunt them. Starring a very young Jack Davenport (Norrington to Pirate fans) and Stephen Moyer (Americans will know him as Vampire Bill on True Blood), you never really know who is what until mid series (I think there were six episodes). I wish this show would have carried on because there was real potential there.

Comments