Weakly Stitching (and yes, I mean weak)

Last week was HORRIBLE! Between work killing me and my lack of focus, stitching just didn't rank very high on my "to do list" last week. I stitched one night for about two hours. Obviously, I was starting row 5 of Alice and the B's clean (and clean is also a weak comment considering it's been sitting around for over a year and it's obviously EXTREMELY dirty), but this is as far as I got:
alice171
Pitiful...I'm almost ashamed to show this off! So, even though today is just as sucky as last week (if not more so), I'm going to say that I'm starting Alice and the B's two week rotation over today and not even count last week. We'll see how the next two weeks go and judge from there. I'm hoping that today isn't the measuring stick for the rest of the week or I might be in trouble.

I could have done some stitching this weekend, but I've been in such an Avenger's mood and I've started replacing my Blu-Rays with 4Ks (for all the ones out on 4K anyway). I started rewatching them in chronological order on Friday night, so I started with Captain America (of course). But apparently, even though I've watched those movies dozens of times, I apparently don't technically "watch" them because I'm usually stitching at the same time, and I realized I technically haven't seen those movies in a really long time! I ended up watching each more than once, watching all the special features, etc, but it meant, that by Sunday, I had only made it to Iron Man 3, barely a third of the way through the series. So mid Sunday, I took an "Avenger's break" and watched the second series of Sabrina, ending the entire weekend with no stitching. From Thor 2 on, I have watched the rest of the movies visually pretty recently since they are on various streaming platforms, so I think I can go back to stitching without any focusing problems (if work will slow down a bit).

On the home plan front, I have once again settled on a couple of plans that are averaging about 1900-1950 or so sqft in size. I'm trying to cut them down, but each one have their challenges and it's a lot easier to add square footage than to take it away, and that's basically what I've done, taken 1800 sqft plans and increased them in size for Disney or craft room purposes. There are tons of things that plans have that I don't necessarily need (like useless double sinks in the master bath) and things that I do need (like a Disney room) that won't be good for resell, but I decided I needed to stop focusing on the issue of reselling it and focus more on my important stuff (I can live with two sinks, but I can't live without Disney space). I'll be living there until I'm dead and, after that, it will be my family's problem to sell the house, not mine. I just need to be comfortable while I'm alive and that's all that matters right now (well that, and I have to be able to afford to live there until I die, so I can't too carried away). Once I decide on a house plan, I can set it aside and not focus on it for a while and go back to just focusing on paying down credit cards. Then, as time gets closer to building, I can revisit the plan and see how I feel about it. If it still sticks with me, then it's a keeper! Besides, I guess my Sister and Brother-in-Law have final say anyway since they are the ones building it at cost, so ultimately, they get the yeas and nays anyway (unless it's just something I feel passionate enough about and I doubt they will fight me too hard on those issues).

So here's hoping for a better week of stitching, if nothing else!

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
Yikes, I hope this week is better for you! The house plans sound exciting. :)
Not that really is not a lot of progress!
Glad that you are working through the house thoughts. If you plan to make it your "forever" home, then your family can sell it as "house with Disney Room full of vintage Disney stuff" and charge a premium for it all!
That really wasn't a lot of stitching this week...but compared with your school time, it's still not the worst week we've seen! Okay, that doesn't really sound comforting, but I'm sure things'll look up in time :)
You are too hard on yourself! Even 1 stitch is progress in my eyes :)