Weekly Stitching (a regular stitching post...yea!!)

This was one of those weeks that I stitched like crazy (other than the two days I had a migraine), but I seemed to get no where. It's the reason why I'm glad I take pictures every night, or else I could never see the progress sometimes! Last week I left off here:
snowing034
This has been a rough row...lots of confetti, but I still hope to finish it this week and move on to the final (and short) row next week and hopefully be finished in a couple of weeks. And, despite all the work I put in this week, I only made it to here last night:
snowing040
I want to finish this project before I start back into a normal stitching rotation. I'm not really sure why, I just feel like it's what I need to do. And I'm also still not sure I don't want to finish DoNa's Rapunzel before moving on to a rotation...that WAS the plan back when I left off on her last July (when I tried so desperately to force myself to stitch). I left off on her just beginning row 2:
Rapunzel-014
But, then again, I'm also still completely obsessed with Once Upon A Time, so there is always Hook which I barely got started on. And I still have to make a decision on whether to continue with the same fabric or switch over to white so I don't have to actually stitch all the white background...that was either ambitious on my part, or stupid. I guess right now I'm still deciding. It would look better stitched, but I am lazy (and have more WIPs and stash than lifetimes, so it might be better to switch now before I get too far in):
Hook-007
Decisions, decisions...I seem to be riddled with them lately! But Hook might be better served in a rotation anyway, so there is that.

But I have managed, at least for a few days, to break my Once viewing habits. I started watching MI-5 again over on Hulu (Spooks for all my Brit friends) and it's amazing how that show has held up over the years, despite it's age, and how socially relevant it still is! I missed my beloved Adam Carter and, although I haven't gotten to the Lucas North years yet, I'm prepared for that heartbreak (I am too much like Tom to get emotionally attached to him). For anyone who hasn't ever watched the show, I highly recommend it, although, I feel I should warn you, don't get attached to anyone...they often die horrible, painful, brutal, gut-wrenchingly, sob-worthy deaths. But just about every single British actor has been on that show at some point, and you might even see someone you didn't remember being on there (an Avenger or two maybe and definitely an Austen man, maybe a Hobbit or Potter alum, even a Oncer or two...just trust me, you will recognize someone!).

Comments

Look at you go!! Great progress! I would be hard pressed to stitch all that white but I agree that it would look amazing all stitched in white. Hope your headaches stay away!
Great progress! I'm looking forward to you going back to your usual rotation and all the wonderful projects in it, but I also so enjoy seeing this quick progress on Snow and Charming. Crazy being that I am, I'd probably stitch the white on Hook...but then I'm currently stitching something that is more than half black, too! Maybe it could be your project for whenever you have a bit of a headache and just want to mindlessly stitch without counting or concentrating?
Tiffstitch said…
Wow, that is a lot of work with all that confetti. I'm definitely on the white canvas bandwagon because I don't have enough time to stitch ever. So glad you're stitching again and do what feels right.
Fantastic work this week.
I'm with Tiff, life's too short to stitch background!
My Nana would love that show, she'd be saying "ooo, it's him from that other thing. You know, that one with her, that woman" and driving us all mad.
Bethan said…
Ahhh I used to love Spooks. I wasn't so much a fan when there was a bomb in a house and someone was trapped? It was early on and my memory is faint! I loved that Bobby from Railway Children was in it too.
I am on the white material bandwagon - there is no point stitching all that white if you can avoid it x
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.