Final Year-End Stitching

I held off on my weekly post since it was just one extra day before the end of the year. I left off last week here:
snowing009
FINALLY finished row 1 for a total of 77.92 hrs (which is quite shameful for a three page row, but I guess acceptable considering how long it has been since I've stitched):
snowing015
And decided that "operation row 2" is a go for the final two weeks of school break. Why not at least try to get in another row before the spring semester starts up again, right? So on New Years Eve, at 11:58, I stopped here:
snowing017
It's a pretty lofty goal, but I figure that's my 2019 overall goal...loftiness! To be honest, up close it's not very pretty, but from just a short distance, I'm surprised at the level of detail that is coming through on this. I did find the original picture of the Snow and Charming art, which led me to a Hook and Emma that would make a matching set if I charted it myself, but then there would be continuity issues unless I recharted Snow and Charming too and I'm not willing to do that, especially since it was a gift. But it did make me realize that digital art is really not that difficult, if you know how to use Photoshop, so it's not like I can't find another pair of pics of the two couples and make a matching pattern set and chart it up if the mood strikes me. Besides, I have enough WIPs going right now as it is.

TUSAL-wise, this has also been the worst ORT year since I've been keeping up with it, but it goes to show how little stitching I did this year. Compared to all the years since 2012, it's pitiful! Next new years goal...stitch more, school or not!
DSC08483

I made the comment at work on Monday (another one of my "vacation days"), that hopefully 2019 will be better than 2018, but I got to thinking about it tonight, as I was stitching and watching NASA TV for the Ultima Thule pass by and something kind of occurred to me...2018 wasn't that bad, especially compared to 2017! Yeah, worked sucked, but it's getting better (and hopefully will get a LOT better once the bad doc is gone), I started back to school and (at least so far) am doing pretty good for an old lady, I didn't have any major medical problems this year, and my mental health, despite still being of the major hermit status, is still on the mend although I'll never be the person I was before my visit to Hotel California. The more I thought about it, 2018 is probably one of the best years I've had in a long time, even if it maybe didn't feel like it most days. It was a quiet year and I haven't had a lot of those.

I did take a break from Once last week to watch Sabrina (my that show is DARK!) and also got caught up on Riverdale (well, Netflix caught up, which means through season 2) and now I'm back to Supernatural to see if I can break the Once habit, which I figure will be back in full-swing once school starts back, but I'm OK with that. Whatever it takes. This semester is gonna suck, but it's also going to determine whether I stay in this major or switch to something else. I am curious to know if I'm just really bad at programming, bad at math, or I just had a bad teacher last semester. Might be a combination of all three...guess we'll find out soon enough! No matter which computer major I switch to, I have to suffer through Structured Programming anyway, so it's a burden I have to bear. And I still have a couple of science basics left that could distract me for a few semesters until I make up my mind anyway, so all my options are still wide open!

But anyway, I hope everyone has a happy New Year and that all your hopes and dreams come true this year! I think we could all use a happy one!

Comments

Babs said…
I wish you a happy new year and you did a lot of progess
Emma Louise said…
Happy New Year! I'm always amazed at how much stitching you get done in a short amount of time so I'm sure it won't take you long to finish that row. I just finished part 1 of Sabrina, enjoyed it but you're right very dark especially when you compare it to the teenage witch series!
Awesome progress!! And if you want to re-chart Snow and Charming go for it! It won't hurt my feelings at all :) Wishing you all the best for 2019!
Bethan said…
Wow that's a lot of progress - and I see what you mean about the level of detail. I've found that with some patterns; they have to be a little away from you for you to fully appreciate the detail. I'm glad 2018 has been an improvement for you - I hope 2019 continues to be more and more positive. I'm tempted to try watching Sabrina, partially as I was obsessed with Miranda Otto due to Lord of the Rings and it would be nice to watch her again. However I am a bit of a wimp and not sure I can cope with it! Is it scary/jumpy or just dark themes? For reference to how much darkness I can cope with, the Supernatural Bloody Mary episode terrified me about 15 years ago and I've never tried it since! x
Hooray for a row finish! I am very happy to see some serious stitching happening around here again (also, don't get me wrong, I totally understand why there wasn't a lot of that lately!). I agree, towards the end of a year I'm usually just happy to get it over with and start the new one, with high expectations and lots of resolutions, but that doesn't mean the old year was necessarily bad. 2018 was pretty good for me as well, although it didn't end on a very happy note (starting of with a funeral for my family), but all things considered, it was a good year :)
Also, I fully support your resolution to stitch more! Maybe as you settle into your new school schedule some more, smaller stitching chunks throughout the semester will become a possibility?