Stitched Again - But Don't Get Excited

I had all these fantastic stitch plans last week which, of course, work ruined magnificently! They must have secretly decided, that since I'm not in school this month, I need to "make up" for all the hours I missed (technically, since I never dropped below 50 hours per week, I don't think one could say I missed anything), so I've been working my hind-end off and, by the time I got home, I had no energy to stitch. But I did get some done Saturday. I ended up with a headache on Sunday, so unfortunately, nothing to report there.

So here is where I left off last week:
snowing006
And, as paltry as it is, here is Saturday's progress:
snowing007
Here's hoping this week will be better. I don't have many weeks left before school starts back up again and I'd like to at least have row 1 finished.

But speaking of school, my programming teacher is still M.I.A., but someone else graded the final, it got dropped from 100 pts to 90 pts (not sure why), and I got a 67.8 on it (yep, you read that right, I got a D on the final! I'm still not sure how THAT happened...I figured that whoever graded didn't give partial credit like she did). It dropped my G.P.A. down to an 89.0 (which is a B). But I knew I still had those two bonus point problems that weren't graded, so hope wasn't lost. They only got one graded before the cutoff, but it was enough to bring me back up to a 90.0 (which is back up to an A, thank goodness!). Granted, if the other bonus point problem would have been graded, it would have been higher (and it kind of makes me mad considering the hours we worked on that mess), but still, I'm not complaining, I got my two A's in the end!

Surprisingly, I did find out that my English teacher just nicked my paper on citations and not content. It's hard to make them understand that I am of a certain age and of a certain ilk and have acquired a certain amount of knowledge from life that came from reading, watching and absorbing. I didn't need any information for this paper from sources because it all came from my brain. She had trouble buying that, but it's true. I have more knowledge of animation than the average bear because I wanted to be one for half my life and I can talk technical details about Sleeping Beauty like nobody's business! I figured she'd have a field day on content considering my subject matter. I am an "old school" Disney princess girl after all and she's the middle type. But she even said I had some very valid points. I was shocked! I know a couple of you guys mentioned you might want to read it, just drop me a message and I'll send it to you (I don't mind, what am I gonna do with it now?), but just know you might get offended if you are a middle type Princess person and definitely is you are a "new style" Princess person...or maybe not. She mentioned she wasn't offended at all and that I was focused more on the Princes than the Princesses. I hadn't really realized I was going more in that direction until she pointed it out, but I guess she was kind of right.

I did come to a realization though, I was beginning to think that maybe I'm just not cut out for programming (and I thought I'd take to it like a duck to water), but I think it's because all we are programming are math problems. The "real world" isn't like that. I will NEVER understand why colleges don't teach "real world" situations. What good does it do to teach us how to program trig problems when we will NEVER use them? It is SOOOO frustrating! But I will know better next semester whether I stay in this program or switch majors to either C.I.T. (which is basically what I do for a living now) or maybe computer-aided design (where I could use some of my old art hours as electives and not lose them). Time will tell. I would love the design, but there is no money in it. I still have my science classes to get out of the way (my only remaining basics), well besides Oral Comm and apparently now Philosophy (I've always said I would be HORRIBLE in a Philosophy class because I'm too opinionated), so I might start working on getting those out of the way and take a "computer break" for a while to "think" about things and decide on the best path. The whole Astronomy thing was a nice idea, but at my age, it might be too lofty of a dream. And I do have to admit, I enjoyed the writing in English a HECK of a lot more than the computer stuff. That's not good when you are a Computer Science major (but it's not like I can do anything with an English degree, so there you go).

Comments

lizbirdk said…
Hi Keebles. That is a huge amount of stitching for one day!
Congrats on maintaining your As. I also did a degree in later life and also got burned for not using citations! From then on I added a few citations each time but it was a pain to find them. Good luck with your next courses, whichever you choose.
Babs said…
Such a nice progress :)
Awesome progress!!! I think it is going to look really nice. How are you feeling about it? And good for you for getting 2 A's!!! That is super. You should be giving yourself a big pat on the back!
OhSewCrafty said…
Hi Keiley! You made awesome progess on the Saturday, it's beautiful so far. Congrats on your 2 A's! I agree, school is frustrating sometimes in the lack of real world applications.. but just try to take it for what it is... an academic credential. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney movie and I'd love to read your paper. Hope you get a chance to relax a bit over the holidays.
I think that's great progress for just one day!
Well done on getting the A's too.
thanida said…
You have very nice blog to read and also please visit our website for getting more news about isc123
That's great progress on your stitching for just one day. I hope you found some time to get more done too! I'm glad your programming course got sorted out as well. Sorry to hear you're not having a lot of fun with it, I hope you could make up your mind and decide on a future path :)

Not to sound condecending, but just to offer the view from someone working in science and having to deal with scientific papers on a regular basis: Citation has absolutely nothing to do with what you know, but everything with what your readers can be expected to know and with proofing your point. That's why you always have to offer citations ins papers, even if you know exactly what you are talking about - unless you're talking about something you invented yourself, you need to cite (and even then, you might want to cite yourself ;)).
supersonic100g9 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
murakami said…
You are incredible guy,loved every bit of this post,thanks so much for your inspiration! Wishing us all success.
joker123
nira said…
Thanks for sharing these resources with us and I hope you have a great day. I’m all for it.I always want to know this thing…
bk8
nira said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thai168bet said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.