Just a touch more stitching

I keep trying, but something is blocking me from being able to stitch...be it work, be it work-related headaches, be it worrying about the next school semester, or just be it my OCD with Once (which is ironic considering I'm stitching a Once stitch), I just can't bring myself to work on Snow and Charming. Most nights I've been getting home so late, I have no energy for anything but staring at the TV. But I did get two more days in last week. I left off here last week:
snowing007
And I cleared out most all of the blue and started on their hair again:
snowing009
I does kind of look like a lot of work, but considering it's such a small project, it really isn't much at all. I could probably easily finish the row in a week, if I had a week of regular stitching time. I would really like to finish at least the first row before classes start back up again. Maybe this week I'll knock it out.

I'm technically "supposed" to be on vacation from Christmas to New Years, but since I can't take vacation because there is no one to cover me, I will have to come in every day and work some...at least do my daily duties (because no one else can). I keep saying that they are going to be in trouble when I drop dead, but no one takes me seriously. There are things that only I can do and since they aren't major duties, they aren't in any manual, just in my head. Job security, yes, company security, not so much. Despite it all, I am quite loyal to this place (obviously, because I do put up with a lot), I just wish that the feeling was mutual.

But on a happier note, I'm not a Christmas person at all (Halloween is more my bag), but for those who are, I hope you enjoy your holiday and have a great time with your families! I plan to spend the day alone with my pups, stitching and watching Once. It probably sounds sad, but it makes me happy and that's all that matters. And I'm not big on spending time with my family anyway, at least 97% of them. For an Asper, Christmas was always my nightmare...all those people, food I hated, people staring at you while you opened presents and having to react to things you didn't want (and my mother was the WORST gift giver...still is). And because I came from a divorced family, as a child I had to go through it multiple times with parents, grandparents, my aunt...ugh. Now, I just don't participate at all, although my mother still asks every single year, just like Thanksgiving (another holiday I don't like because of the food). Home alone is best for me. It's just another day off work for me.

Comments

Linda said…
You still make more progress than me in 2 days and I stitch all day. Have a fun day stitching. My hubby has to work so thats what I'll be doing.

Linda
Unknown said…
Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy your stitching day with your pups. Your still the fastest stitcher I know. It takes me a month to just do a page I think. Heads slow my stitching down a lot must be all the confetti. Glad that your stitching again.
It's really coming together now you've done the background. I can see their heads taking shape nicely.
Hope you enjoyed your break anyway, Christmas should be whatever makes YOU happy.
Bethan said…
Even 2 days of stitching is better than nothing! I hope you had a lovely day with your pups and watching plenty of Once, and doing what you enjoy doing in general x
It is looking so good! Hope you enjoyed your "holidays" :)
Great progress! If these are their heads, the whole thing is a lot smaller than I thought.
Your Christmas actually sounds lovely :) I enjoyed my time with family and friends, but I could certainly have done with a little more quiet me-time over the holidays!