Monday Pup-Terrorist Update and a Name Change?

My little rioter is quiet today, but I went to great lengths to make it so. The new, 41 inch tall gate, all metal with 2 1/2 inch-spaced bars (which is screwed into the door frame) is installed. I think I mentioned to Jo that I have to stop buying things that require two people to install, they are killing me now that I'm older (shout out to Serendipitious Stitching, fyi, whose blog constantly reminds me what a sucky stitcher I am!!). But anyway, Bam definitely ain't gettin' through that! I also left the TV on today. I HATE doing that, but I thought maybe the noise would keep him quiet. It has. He has slept all day like the baby monster he is.

To be on the safe side, although I've found no evidence of it, I put out mouse traps (far away from my little demon's reach), just in case. At the very least, if it is a mouse, I can stop a problem before it get's worse.

I wish I could say I punished him greatly, but not unlike a "certain" violent protestor who refused to eat and demanded he be served organic food (which he is now getting...thanks to the American taxpayers), Bam sat in my lap all weekend long, sleeping like a baby most of the time, or demanding to be petted when it suited him. I, of course, gave in to his every whim (as I complained left and right that we are paying for this idiot to get organic food...just send him to a prison that grows their own veggies and *poof* instant organics and no taxpayer dollars wasted!). Oh well, at least no taxpayer's dollars were wasted in the belly scratching of Bam this weekend, so I guess he's off the hook!

But it also meant that I got absolutely no stitching done this week. Between all the figuring out why all the violence was happening (both in the nation's Capitol and in my own house), cleaning up messes and trying to prevent new ones (to apparently no avail), and worrying I'd killed both my kids with my deversionary tactics, "suffering" through a weekend of holding my little terrorist didn't end up being so bad afterall, stitching or not.

On to item #2, I've been thinking a lot about my possible expansion into YouTube, my Blog's name and my name (yes, I know the name of my blog is not "grammatically correct", it should be Keebles's World, hence the questioning...but I always thought that was just WAY too many S's and I hated it, hence my grammatically incorrect blog title). My nickname has been Keebles as long as I can remember (and yes again, as sad as it is, I gave that nickname to myself...it wasn't easy growing up Asper, technically, one of my dozens of imaginary gnome-like childhood friends gave it to me, but that's a different story for another day). I obviously don't want to use my real name for safety reasons, I rarely use it here (although some of you know it since it's tied to my email and some of you are my friends). And I'm getting off track again...

I was thinking of still using Keebles, but in a different way. If it's mainly going to be travel, with some stitching, maybe occasional vlogging, and maybe occasional mental health issues (which might make up the vlog aspect), I was thinking "Keebles in the World" or "Keebles vs the World" or simply "Keebles vs World", but I'm not sure I like any of those, although, since traveling is always a constant struggle, it seems like the name should reflect that. I may end up doing separate channels for my travel and stitching (if my stitching picks back up) and my stitching channel could stay "Keebles World" or maybe that could be my vlog channel, so that might conflict with the travel or be confusing, so maybe Keebles Stitches for the stitching? I own the domain for KeeblesWorld (did you guys know if you put in keeblesworld.com, it will bring you here?), but I can always buy new ones to match whatever name change I choose, but short and sweet is always better.

What do you guys think? Whatever I change it to, I probably should be under the umbrella of one brand, so I need to pick something there too (Keebles by itself is already taken, I think it's a Japanese game or something). It's about time I utilize my domain (or whatever new one I go with) and build a "real" website anyway, so I can link in my blog, actually start using my Instagram (I have never posted a single picture on it, I only use it to see certain stars Instagram stuff), and maybe rejoin Twitter since they seem to have come to their senses about making sure hate speech is not promoted on their site (although they still have a ways to go). I still won't touch Facebook (yes, I know Instagram is Facebook...for now...the government is working on that, so it's only a matter of time, I justify it that way). In the future maybe I could create merch and I'd need a platform to sell it (can you imagine a Terrorist Bam-Duck Room Insurrectionist shirt?). Of course I'd have to do Patreon too...if I want to end up doing this full time, I'll have to build up enough of a base so that I'm making enough money to quit my job, and starting up on YouTube won't do that.

Speaking of, I've thought a lot about things recently because of my therapist...work vs disability, why do those have to be my only two options? Why can YouTube be my third? I know that not working and going on disability would be bad for me. It would put me in a MUCH worse financial state and keep me locked up in the house worse than I am now, so my mental issues would only tumble worse. But if I managed to "make it" on YouTube (and I'm not talking huge, but "just enough"), I could afford to quit, still make money, and travel around, seeing everything I've never seen before or things I haven't seen since I was a kid (well, as much as I can from a car window or whenever I can muster the courage to get out of the car)! Mentally, this could honestly be so MUCH better for me in the long run since I wouldn't have to deal with people at work, although I don't know how well I'll deal with the "people" side of YouTube. I already have issues with leaving comments on other people's videos, how am I going to deal with comments on my own videos? I do well here in the blog world because it's small and I know you guys after all these years...YouTube is a vile swamp of nastiness I'm not sure I'm ready for, but that's a worry for another day.

Part of me would like to do a reaction channel as well, but since I don't watch any shows but shows I've watched hundreds of times, that won't work. If I could get others to watch my shows, I could do that kind of reaction (although there are dozens of "my so-and-so watches with me" channels), but attached to the last COVID-19 relief bill was a little hidden "gem" called the CASE Act, which could ruin the business of reactioners forever (and for the record, I used to follow the EFF YEARS ago when downloading music was a big deal, but they have gotten a bit too milliant for my tastes lately, except in this case, no pun intended). Anyway, until these details get worked out, this isn't a good time for me to be dipping my toes in THAT swamp!

Besides, I'm also aware that the average time it takes to build up a YouTube channel is at least three years anyway, so that's three years of double duty of working a full-time job and YouTube'ing on the side. I have a REALLY short attention span guys, I'm surprised I'm still blogging after all this time! I have a lot of things to learn with video editing and filming. I have to get a new camera and some equipment too...there is a lot to go into this BEFORE I can even start!

One thing at a time...deciding on a name should be my first step! Any ideas? Give me anything you've got for any channel or just my brand...travel, stitching, or should I stick with my current blog name and just brand myself with it? They always say you should have at least two channels, in case you get hacked or one gets taken down, so should this just be my vlogging channel to match my blog and should I have separate travel and stitching channels? I'll take anything you've got guys!

Comments