And I'm down again...

Last week sucked. This week ain't much better so far. This country is in turmoil and I am EXTREMELY disgusted. So, when it comes to stitching, it just wasn't in my heart to do it. I stitched one day (Sunday) and only for about three hours. It was more fill-in work in areas that aren't really noticeable. Here is where I left off last time:

SnowWhite045

And here is the pitiful show:

SnowWhite046

I wish I could say I will do better the rest of this week (or even this weekend), but considering the threats made against, not only our national seat, but our state governments as well, I will probably be more glued to my screen than anything else (with chairs against my doors). Supposedly it is going to start again on the 17th through the Inaguration on the 20th. I'm terrified of the behavior of my fellow countrymen last week, it was domestic terrorism, pure and simple, so I am truely fearful of what will happen next week. I don't often go much into politics, but I am really scared for our future.

There are rumors that there are two teachers from my own town who were on the Capitol steps. Neither of which have been repremanded, they are teaching kids right now. Several of my co-workers are talking about going to either Little Rock (our state capitol) or even Washington next week (or have family members who are). So, even now, I have to be careful what I say, even to the people I work with, because I am putting my life in danger by just saying anything against these terrorists publicly. Good thing this is my only social media outlet (and no one I know around here care about cross stitching)! Right now, I speak to NO ONE at work, other than my intern. I wish I could say I'm just being paranoid and I've joked on this blog about the "rednecks" for years, but I literally am surrounded by the EXACT kind of people who were all over the Capitol Building. It's not any easier when I go home to the trailer park. I REALLY have to work harder to get out of there!

And yes, there is a LOT of talk about another civil war around here. When that topic first came up, I laughed out loud. Now, I don't. I don't own a gun, don't believe in guns, and have no survival skills whatsoever, so any civil war is the end for me. Honestly, I don't think they can pull it off and I think if the idiot, who just got impeached (again), would be honest with people and admit he's been lying since day one, 95% of them would back off and crawl back in their holes. The 5% of the militia-type groups who have always been around (the white suppremacists-types) will probably never go away. That's a matter for future governments to take them down. Yes, I knew I was surrounded by rascists and homophobics, but they were always quiet about it. Now, with the current climate, they feel like it's OK to be vocal about it. Their behavior has NEVER been OK, but I'd rather them be quiet than screaming from the mountaintops!

Oh well, there is also nothing I can do about any of this, other than try my best to protect me and my own and hope, to all that is holy, that next week goes off without a hitch and is quiet. In the long run, let's just all hope that the 45th get's the absolute WORST punishment anyone can get (as well as his family, his lawyers, and all his lackies that helped him) and doesn't get to live out a happy life paid for by the taxpayers. What we need to be focusing on, is the pandemic that is killing more and more people every single day, not some crazy, orange-faced baffoon and now his gang of terrorists that are growing by the second. Soapbox dismount.

Comments