Pitiful stitching with no excuses other than laziness!

It's been a couple of weeks since I stitched anything, I left off on The Bride Dollmaker here:
Dollmaker-043
Granted, the first few days of that time were spent worrying about Bam, but he's had his teeth cleaned and, although we're still playing the "I'm not going to eat unless you hand-feed me" (a trap which I'm still falling into), he's doing MUCH better. Ever since then though, I think that, between the miserableness of work (which I should be grateful that I still have a job when so many don't) and the horribleness of the world (when I live in the most protective bubble ever), I just feel like doing absolutely nothing but watching YouTube (excluding Wednesday night's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D., where I lament over their lack of Fitz, which puts me in an even bigger funk). I just can't bring myself to stitch at all anymore and I have no excuse. If I didn't have such a stupidly cheerful demeanor most times (could that be med related?), I'd say I was depressed. But I don't feel depressed. I just hate my job, hate my surroundings, hate everything happening in the world and feel helpless to fix it, and just want to go home and shut my brain off. But otherwise, I love my pups, my stuff, love watching various YouTuber's do their thing, and am anxiously awaiting the moment when I can do my ninja warrior road trips again (I want to beat my 34 hours straight record), although there is no telling when travel will be safe again (or when I will feel safe traveling, a completely different animal).

I decided this weekend to change my blaa mood, and I did, sort of. Saturday, I stitched all of an hour, and Sunday, all of 10 minutes! Shameful! But needless to say, I made it to here:
Dollmaker-45
Again, SHAMEFUL! Saturday was all YouTube, Sunday was more of a "trying to do stuff" day, like laundry and cleaning, but never really doing anything day, because I just ended up watching Kissing Booth 2 (which meant I had to watch the first one again...wasn't a fan of the second one, so I had to watch both the To All The Boys again to even it out), then I just watched YouTube till I fell asleep with laundry in both the dryer and washer (yea me for tonight).

Comments

Linda said…
I pretty much feel the same as you do Keiley. I have been stitching some. I really need to get some blankets crocheted for the various charities I donate to.

Linda
You can see some progress which is good! I am finding Facebook is my major waste of time right now.
I have also got back into painting rocks, we couldn't hide them because of Covid so I haven't felt like doing any for months.
Well, there is some progress, and some progress is always better than none! Maybe just doing a couple of stitches every day would get you back into the mood? I totally get it, though. During this whole funk that is 2020 I've had more than a couple of days when I didn't really feel like doing anything at all.
Glad to hear Bam is doing well! Maybe don't put so much pressure on yourself to stitch. One of these days your stitching bug will come back :)
This looks cool. I've only knitted a scarf before haha. Thanks for sharing,
Laila
www.lailanblog.blogspot.co.uk