Bam Bam has cleaner teeth than I do!

After a weekend of whining and we're still doing the "Mommy, please feed me or I'm not going to eat" mess (which I am going to stop tonight...either eat on your own son, or go hungry, thems the rules from now on), Bam is doing WAY better! It must have been all the good vibes you guys sent our way!

I didn't get any stitching done because we did still play this all weekend:
Untitled
I did manage to put my new coffee table together (after it sitting in my duckroom for three weeks). I got tired of looking at this mess (please forgive the carpet and the rugs...27 years of cycles of elderly dogs does a number on carpet, not to mention the time that my ex-husband (then husband) thought it would be a good idea to put bleach in the carpet cleaner...don't ask...and I'm not going to replace the carpet until we move out anyway because it will just get ruined again before then):
Untitled
I had styrofoam ALL over the floor by the time I got done and was vacuuming everywhere, but at least my table is clean now thanks to my new table! It won't go to the new house because that house will have a different color scheme, but it will last until I do. I just couldn't take looking at that mess any longer. It wasn't very expensive anyway (although it was a bit higher than the $29 I paid for the other one that I bought at K-Mart about 15 years ago).
Untitled
Oh, the joys of actually having books on the coffee table again! And the reason why is because all the junk is hidden inside!
Untitled
Two-thirds of it lift up like a desk and swing towards me with a hidden compartment underneath and one-third of it slides over with a hidden compartment underneath that section. Tons and tons of storage! Now I just need to get new little bins to put stuff in, although most of the stuff on my old table fit inside, including the basket, so it is pretty deep. Ironically enough though, it is lower to the ground, and the boys keep whacking their heads against it when they try to run under it. I shouldn't laugh, but I do (every single time) because they bugged the crap out of me when I was trying to build it! I'm an expert at building box furniture (which usually recommends two people, a luxury I don't have), but two annoying pups, don't make another human and they definitely don't help the situation, even for me!

Bugs always wants to stand in the middle of everything and Bam is always trying to steal things, like styrofoam (dangerous), plastic bags (even more dangerous) or screws (even worse). I think Bam is just a petty thief and Bugs just likes to be in thick of things. At one point, I tried handing Bugs the screwdriver and asked him if he wanted to put it together, but I think he thought I was going to hit him with it, and he ran off. I did feel bad after that. Sometimes I forget that both these guys were abused before I got them. There was no telling what they were hit with. So I had to stop for a while and play with him, which made Bam jealous, so I had to play with Bam too. It's probably why it took me two bloody hours to put the stupid thing together!

So that was my weekend, babying babies and putting a tiny table together...such progress! What a thrill my life is, and here I am thinking of starting a YouTube Channel, like I'm interesting enough for that!

Comments

gypsyelves said…
That t able looks great! I need it! Do you mind sharing information oni, where you got it and the name of it? And I agreeabout the carpet, let it be until you move.
That coffee table is awesome! Perfect for stitchers!
Linda said…
Love the table and storage Kieley. Got my giggles with your dog helpers.

Linda
I like your new table, especially the hideyhole part of it. Very useful! We have a very solid coffee table we got from a pub that didn't need it any more. It has duct-tape padding on the corners because my son is as bad as your dogs for running into things!
I'm so glad to hear Bam Bam is doing better - maybe now there will be less worrying and more stitching in your future! And that new coffee table is fab.