Well, there was stitching this week, but...

It sucked. Three little days worth, most all of which was done on Sunday, and even that was sparse. I gave up on Suteki and went back to Faces 167. This is the last one in my rotation so, after this one, I can go back to The Bride Dollmaker and start over again. I'm kind of looking forward to that! But anyway, in case you guys have forgotten, this one is difficult because it's my first on 32ct, so it's VERY tiny (it will be 7x7 when finished), although at least it's not dithered, and it's also on Lugana, not my favorite. But since they don't make Monaco anymore, guess I'll have to get used to it. Anyway, it actually hasn't been that long since I last worked on her, June of 2019 to be exact: Faces-006
And, like I said, very little progress, but here is where I left off Sunday night: Faces-009
Whether or not I continue on her for another week or go ahead and shift back to the Bride Dollmaker, I haven't decided yet. I'm still having issues dragging myself away from painting by numbers on my iPad. Little Faces isn't that horrible to work on, she just hurts my eyes after a while. I wish I could actually do everything on 32ct, I think I like the coverage better and I definitely like the smaller size. But the older I get, the harder it gets to stitch on 28ct, let alone 32ct.

I'm also doing this post on the new blogger format. I still HATE it with a passion, but come the end of the month, we're not going to have a choice, so I figured I'd better get used to it. There are still a LOT of bugs, but they have worked out some of them, so I can at least switch between the different blogs I have. The worst part is that I can't typically do HTML anymore because it works wonky. I'm going to have to dink with it more. Blogging shouldn't be this difficult. I shouldn't have to add <div> code to break a line after a photo...someone let me know if I'm doing something wrong on that front.  Granted, it will let me break paragraphs fine on just words, but photo code just kind of bungles everything (unless they are just trying to force us to use Google photos, which I don't want to do).  Working in the old Compose mode feels like I'm working in old 90's tech.  It's just not right either, but at least I don't have to worry about the code (unless I try to switch back to HTML, and then it's a HUGE mess and I'm editing out all kinds of extraneous code!).

I've also tried updating my blog look a couple of times over the past few weeks, but I'm just not happy with the other formats, and I hate editing the code to get it to show the entire blog post.  I know a lot of people like just part of the post showing, but I'm a bit old school, in that I prefer the whole post to show.  Only a couple of the newer blog styles have been hacked enough to give you this option and, of the four, the two I prefer don't have the hacks.  So, for now, I'm stuck with what I've got until I can find something I like better.  Besides, the trees remind me of Once Upon A Time's opening logo, so I'm not totally against it, even if it's not that personalized.  And I'm still in a pretty dark mood, despite the time of year, so it still fits.

Speaking of, on the personal front, I can't thank you guys enough for your kind words! I wish I could say I'm getting better but, unfortunately, I'm not. I'm aware of the problem, I just haven't figured out how to control it yet. That's always been my issue and why, most of the time, professional help isn't needed. I don't need someone to point out the issue because I already know what it is, where the cause is and, most of the time, the actions I need to do to fix it. But in the heat of the moment, implementing those actions, can sometimes take more energy than I have at that particular time. Professionals can't help with that. That's all on me. Any tools or tricks they can "teach" me, I already know, but they don't understand that it is easier said than done. It is a constant struggle, one I let slide while the world kind of stopped during quarantine. It was almost like the world adapted to me instead of me having to adapt to the world. Now that everything has gone back to normal (literally) overnight, I wasn't prepared for the fallout of being thrust back into things full-force. It's kind of amazing the damage just a few months of downtime can do because it might take me a year or so to recover. Yea me.

But anyway, I guess we'll know by next week whether or not I stayed with Faces or moved back to the Bride.  Right now, I'm lucky that I'm getting in and out of the house!

Comments

Just do what you can do. I for one like to see progress...big or small! I will be just as excited that you added one stitch or 1000 :) And if you want to talk about your paint by numbers app I am ok with that too. It is stressful times right now so go easy on yourself.
Emma Louise said…
Nice stitching! The photo thing is why I moved away from Blogger and now I use wordpress, it didn't matter where my photo came from...it did not like to be formatted into a post
Linda said…
Hi Kieley. I haven't blogged since November. My legs are getting so bad its hard to walk from the kitchen to the bathroom and back. I have been stitching but only on the Avrora stained glass pieces. I absolutely love working on them. don't belittle yourself with your stitching. You always make aswesome progress when you stitch. I'm home all the time and don't get a fourth done in a week that you get done in a weekend. Hang in there.

Linda
I actuall think that's a lot of progress for three days and 32ct! I know you can do more when your heart is really in it, but still, it's progress.
The promt about the new blog format has been change from 'end of June' to 'in July', it seems, and it still says the old layout will be available, so fingers crossed...I can't get the new one to work at all!