No stitching progress this week

I just didn't have it in me to stitch last week. I instead, had a panic attack picking up my groceries at Walmart (that's a first...in the safety of my OWN vehicle!), several on the way to work, several in the car once I got to work, and even one in the car once I got home from work one night! What a FANTASTIC week! I have stayed away from the news though, so at least that's something (although, these days, that's still a difficult thing).

I did take my "wishful thinking" gingerbread house out of the freezer (if you remember, I put it in there to remind me, every time I got food out, that I had a goal of building a house this year):
Untitled
I put it in a big ziplock and beat the hell out of it (because there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to financially build a house this year):
Untitled
And I've been nibbling on it ever since (because gingerbread is good for like, forever!). I'll try again next year maybe.

I also went to Tilton Crafts and got the last two remaining Once charts they have that I don't, the Regina one I have from another source (this one is just wider):
Once Upon A Time-Regina_000a
And the one I really don't like because of the "characterization" of the characters (sorry, couldn't think of a better way to word that, but I hate Rumple's face in both examples, Evil Queen Regina looks weird, whereas Storybrook Regina is spot-on, and David looks NOTHING like David, and I can bet I know why!), but I'm trying to help her out because I know her store isn't doing so good right now, and I do love it over there:
Once Upon A Time-Cast_000a
I figure, at least on the second one, I have more stash than lifetime, so I have hundreds that will never get stitched, this will just be one of them!

I ended up stuck on the couch again due to the strangest event ever...I was sitting in my chair at work Friday night, and the chair literally flipped out from under me like someone pulled it out really hard! I can't even explain what happened! I ended up flat on my butt in the floor, my bad knee hit the desk hard enough it knocked the wind out of me, the back of the chair hit the back of my neck...it was just a huge, weird, cluster fudge! I was kind of in shock afterwards, and was even lightheaded for a while (probably should have waited to drive home). Needless to say, I have two raspberry bruises on my hips (not my butt...haven't figured that one out yet, unless they absorbed the shock of my entire weight hitting the floor), smaller ones on my hands, but my knee, which took the hardest hit, is just fine...go figure!

So, I ended up watching both seasons of Dollhouse this weekend because I've never seen it. I figured I'd like it since it's the Whedon's and they do Shield, but it wasn't that great. I couldn't get into the characters at all. But I'm also not a Buffy fan, so there you go (yes, I'm one of those weirdos that prefer the movie to the show). At least I can say I've seen it now, but I don't need to watch it again. I could see some correlations between it and Shield though...let's just hope they don't choose to end some relationships the same way!

I am going to switch out Suteki and try to stitch this week. I did finally get in my lighting kit for my Shield Quinjet Lego set, so that is ugly staring at me from the kitchen table (and my HUGE diamond paintings from Diamond Art Club are also still looming in the duckroom, along with the photo lightbox that I just HAD to have so I could take pictures of my stuff...it's still in the box along with the aforementioned items that were all bought MONTHS ago). Once I get home nowadays though, I'm just so "socially exhausted", I don't want to do anything but color-by-number on my iPad and watch TV. I'm getting lazy in my old age!

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
What? That is so bizarre... no wonder you weren't up for anything. I hope this week brings no other surprises.
Linda said…
So glad you weren't hurt any worse than that Keiley. I haven't stitched mush in the last several. Must be the weather or something.

Linda
Oh my goodness what a strange thing to have happened to your chair! Scary! Share a picture of your lego!! The light kits add so much to them. I really want to get one for my oldest. He has some of the Harry Potter sets and he never takes them apart, not like his little brother :) Hope this week is a better week for you :)
Ouch! How many feet does the chair have? Assuming it is a wheeled chair, it should have at least five feet. Four is less stable. I've fallen off a four wheeled chair before now.
The first chart is lovely but I agree about the second. It looks like a mash-up of different styles to me.
Sorry to hear you had another bad week. This really sucks :/ Hope things will look up soon (and they your chair will behave from now on...)
As for the charts, I have to agree, the style on the second once is just weird. I'm okay with Snow/Mary Margret and Storybrook-Regina, the others just look....off to me, somehow. Which is a pity because from the character arangment and stuff that is a chart I could see myself stitching, but not with these designs (which reminds me...you wouldn't have stumbled across any good Rumpel/Belle charts on your hunts, would you?)