I have seemingly become a weekend stitcher only...and even that is becoming sporatic

Darn my stupid paint-by-numbers app! All day at work, all I want to do is go home and stitch, but once I get there, all I do is PBN on my iPad! I did manage to switch out Faces 167, I really just wasn't into her, so the rotation is back at the beginning with The Bride Doll Making (or Dollmaker, depending on which part of the paperwork you look at). 

I only started stitching on her Saturday, so again, this is ONLY two days worth of work (so don't get excited), but I will say, I felt much better stitching her than I've felt about stitching in general for a long time. I would just end up taking a break and say, "well, just one PBN..." and four hours later, I'd still be doing them. 

Anyway, I left off on The Bride back in January of this year (I've actually circled a rotation in the same year, that's an accomplishment I haven't done in years in itself, so yea me on that one!): Dollmaker-039
And I got a lot filled in, considering it was barely two days: Dollmaker-041
Forgive the shadow, Bam decided to look over my shoulder at that exact moment and I was too lazy to take another picture.  I'm going to try harder to focus on stitching this week than PBN.  I want to try to "spring clean" this three-day holiday weekend coming up, so that might cut stitching out a bit.  I'm REALLY close to finishing her row, so I'd like to get that done.

Speaking of paint-by-number apps, when I got my new iPad, that wasn't my intention for its main use. I had all these ideas in my head of starting to draw again, using it for writing up docs, and many other things. Which meant I needed an Apple Pencil as well. Considering I bought the newer iPad, it meant I had to had the 2nd Gen version of the Pencil (I didn't get the 12" iPad, so I can only use the 2nd Gen). I was MORE than hesitant about spending that much money on a pencil, especially after the iPad purchase, after all, there are several good alternatives on the market. But, if I wanted to draw, I needed the Apple Pencil for the haptic touch capabilities. If I wanted to draw a thick or thin line, the Pencil was a must. 

In the first week of having the pencil, I treated it with kid gloves because the case I ordered hadn't come in (and still hasn't). The iPad stayed in the box to protect it, as did the Pencil. But I ended up getting a cheap alternative of a case just so I could quit with the box scenario because it was getting on my nerves. This case had a holder for the pencil. The VERY FIRST MORNING after I walked the literal three feet from the couch to the chair to put my iPad back in my laptop before I went into the bathroom to get ready for work, the pencil must have slipped from it's hole because, in the 16 minutes it takes me to get ready for work (shower, hair washing, makeup, etc...I have it down to an art), it had become the most expensive dog toy on the planet! Untitled
My boys chew up NOTHING! I'm not sure if it was a message of "hey Mom, quit with the painting and pay attention to us!", I'm not sure if they just thought it tasted good or what, but $148 with tax and shipping went down the drain after five days of ownership!! 

I did have to buy a cheap $30 replacement (because I was lost without a pencil now) but it was very quickly apparent it wasn't going to cut it. So, against my better judgement, I ordered yet another Apple Pencil. This one gets babied more than the pups! For the record, I have also fallen asleep with the $30 in my hand and it has fallen in the floor (more than once, as well as gotten lost in the couch), but has NEVER been touched. I guess you can say my boys have taste! 

On another spending front, I FINALLY got Regina's Apple Bowls from her Once Upon A Time office! I barely took them out of the box other than to inspect them and, in the box they shall live until I get a "real house" where they shall be the showcase of my kitchen, but for now, here is the best view of them I can give you:
UntitledUntitled 
They are huge and gorgeous and I love them!  I need to find good quality fake apples, because I don't typically eat apples (well, green ones, but I don't necessarily want Zelena vibes in my house!).

I still can't stand the new Blogger format.  I spend more time switching between Compose mode and HTML (which I prefer, but the layout won't set right, so I have to go to Compose to fix)...what a pain!

Comments

Oh no! My dog hardly chews things any more, he is 3. But when he does you can bet it will be something that is very expensive or irreplaceable. How do they know?!!?
I love your new Regina bowls! They are fantastic!
Great progress on Dollmaker! I am really looking forward to more of the dolls making their appearance :)
You get so much progress in a relatively short amount of time, I am impresssed.
Ouch at the expensive chew toy though. Take it out of their pocket money, no treats for a week!
The bowls look amazing, I think you should make pincushion apples to go in there.
Great stitching! Of course it will be quicker on something you enjoy. Congrats on finishing one round of your rotation, too - and the year is only halfway done, after all!
"Oh no!" regarding the world's most expensive chew toy. They must have really liked/disliked that pencil...
Linda said…
Oops. Sorry about the pencil Keiley. I had a kitten chew the ear piece off of my glasses.

Linda