So much for deadlines, but it's good for my stitching life!

Today is NOT our go-live date for our new software, they pushed it back AGAIN! At first I was mad, but it does make sense and I can slow down a bit and get some last minute things cleared up to make the transition easier (although it won't be easy at all, I'm just trying to make myself feel better by saying that). At least I'm going home at a decent hour and only working Saturdays and NOT Sundays right now, so I'm home more to stitch, although I'm still having issues with wanting to stitch after a rough day at work. And no matter what happens in the future (if I stay or if I go), things will get better...I'm determined to will it so!

I left off on Night Wish here last week:
NightWish049
And did manage to finish that row of color and get to the girl. She was a LOT harder than I thought she'd be...she has about thirty colors in her tiny little head:
NightWish054
And I know the color tint keeps wavering on these...the last batch I actually touched up, these I didn't, so the latest pictures are actually truer to her real colors (although the fabric is white, so the first picture is more true to the fabric color....weird). I only WISH it were more in the color-scheme of the first picture above. Those are more MY kind of purples and the HAED pattern itself looks like it should be those colors, but it's more the pinky purples of the second one. I'm not a pinky-purple kind of girl.

But despite her color issues and now that I'm back working on background (and finishing up some issues around her face), I'm still not sure I'm ready to switch her out just yet either. Alice and the B's are still calling to me (as is Haunted Mansion), but there is just something about Night Wish right now that has my attention, so I'm going to ride with it until I feel like it's time to change. I'm going with the flow this year instead of a tight schedule like previous years. Maybe it can prevent my usual stitch burnout. We'll see. There are also a couple I'd REALLY like to start, but no new starts until I finish at least one current project (unless it's just SUPER SPECIAL, thems the rules), so it's more motivation to finish something this year, somehow or another.

I've also manage to check out some of your blogs...it's been slow going and you guys know I'm not a good commenter anyway and I don't do it a lot, but I'm working my way through slowly trying to get caught up. Looks like I've been missing out on a lot of activities, but I was never good at those either! I'm just glad to see our community working together and getting along! You guys know I watch a lot of reaction videos on YouTube, but I do also watch some FlossTube (not a lot...mainly Heather, aka Confetti Stitcher because she's my friend and the best one), but it's really because FlossTubers tend to be really click-y and very Breakfast Club-y when it comes to their videos and it bugs me. Our blog world doesn't seem to be that way. We're all a pretty friendly community and we all seem to get along pretty well, even if we disagree on something. FlossTubers can be brutal sometimes, even more brutal than reactioners can. Granted, I stay away from YouTube comments altogether now since my last episode, but still, I don't want to watch them talk about each other during their videos, it's just a waste of my time. I want to see stitching, not bitching!

Anyhoo, here's to another week of good stitching for everyone!

Comments

I have no use for that click-y stuff either. That takes all the fun out of everything. Night Wish is so beautiful!
Purples are really difficult to photograph properly. But the woman in the centre looks amazing!
I do enjoy FlossTube, I follow quite a few. I like the actual designers' channels and there's a couple of people who run needlework shops I like. I love Tracy P for her sense of humour.
The thing that peeves me is the way they seem to erase blogs altogether. They talk about Insta and FB but rarely the Blogosphere.
I know I still owe you an email response...so sorry, it's on the schedule for this week, I swear! I've been a little swamped lately.

I'm glad you're workload is giving you even a little more room, and that you managed to make this much progress! The girl looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing how much more you'll get done before getting tired of her.
Aww you’re so sweet! I love seeing your progress I’m glad you got your work project live!