Been a rough couple of weeks...

Between TRYING to finalize this new system and switching out computers to Windows 10, I'm just about dead. I've been accused of stealing people's computers without telling them (even though everyone knew what I was doing), I've been yelled at because Windows 10 sucks (tell me something I don't know, it's why I got a Mac), I've been without help from anyone and have been working hours NO ONE should be working, but I still (somehow) managed a bit (a very tiny bit) of stitching.

I left off here a couple of weeks ago:
NightWish040
And I've literally stitched three days since, but here you go:
NightWish043
As of right now, I'm not ready to put her down yet, but that could change. I'm still not sure when I'll get to stitch again because there is still SOOO much work to be done. They keep pushing go-live back on me and I just want it all over with so life can get back to normal, but I doubt that will be for a long while.

During a really bad day last week, I did quit and I meant it (although I didn't give written notice...yet). I said I'd finish out the project, but then I was done and it was the first night I slept good in a while. Whether or not I feel the same when all is finished, might be another story. I don't have another job lined up, so I'd have to find one. There is a nibble I'm not publicly ready to talk about (just yet), but it would mean a far away move and I'm not sure I'm ready for that either. But then again, I've spent my entire life whining about how much I hate the South and how I don't have a Southern bone in my body, so a move to this location would make sense (it's still in the States, FYI). There is a lot to consider though. I need to focus on the tasks (multiple tasks that is) at hand first before I consider looking for another job or even just quitting altogether, especially in anger.

I'll try to keep stitching though because it helps a WHOLE bunch when I can!

Comments

Sorry your job is so hectic right now, although it does seem to be hectic all the time. Maybe a change is just what you need. Beautiful stitching!
Linda said…
I'm so sorry that work is stressing you out so much Keiley. Been there, done that. Boy I sure am happy to see you stitching again. I sure have missed it. Hang in there. Things will work out.

Linda
Go for it! They don't appreciate you where you do work so grab the chance to try somewhere else,
The purple is a lovely colour to stitch with too.
So much work and so little stitching time :(
I am, of course, not going to tell you what to do, but if you want my opinion at all, I'm with Jo...if you get a chance to leave (your job, mostly, but a place you're not happy living in as well), and you can muster the courage, I say go for it!
Emma Louise said…
You are definitely taken for granted in that place. If you think you'll be happier in that nibble and can make it work, please go for it. Life is too short to not enjoy it.

Just an FYI, I did get your email but not a chance to sit and try things out so when I do I'll get back to you :)