Still Stitching!

I am proud of myself, I can't believe I'm still stitching! I said I would, but that usually doesn't mean much, especially with my current work schedule. I left off on The Bride Dollmaker here:
Dollmaker-037
And stopped on her here at 183.13 hrs:
Dollmaker-039
I started to get bored and tired with stitching, so I decided to switch projects and it fixed that issue and I think I decided that might be part of my problem. I'm trying to force myself to either stick to a schedule or finish a row when I really should move on when I'm feeling stressed by it. I picked up Snow White, which I apparently haven't touched since November of 2017! How HORRIBLE! I should be ashamed! I left off on her here at the second row finish:
SnowWhite033
And I stopped on her here last night:
SnowWhite035
It's also the first time I've worked on a HAED in FOR-EV-ER! It might also explain why she is SOOO dirty! I tried to wash the little stains off her, and I just ended up making it worse, so I just figured I would just wait until I was done. "Hopefully", the final wash will clean it up and, if not, I will have to get "very" creative with the matting! Just a reminder, this is what she is supposed to look like when finished:
Snow White-000
I'm going to continue on with Snow until I get "bored". I'm also using my phone now to take pics, which is why they are a bit darker...I need to apparently tweak the settings a bit and fix that. I just thought it was ridiculous to dig out the camera, take multiples, find the best one, edit it down, upload it, blaa blaa blaa, when I could just take a pic with my phone and have it automatically upload to Flickr.

Speaking of which, I'm NOT happy with the direction that Flickr is going to lately, and I'm looking to switch my photos over to another site. What photo site do you guys use for your pics? Sure, there is Google/Amazon and all those sites, but they tend to compress them down and they really aren't blog friendly for links and what-nots. I don't want to pay Photobucket out the wahzoo...I've been grandfathered into Flickr's old Pro program for YEARS and I have almost 53,000 pics uploaded, sorted, and tied to my blog, so I hate to leave them, but the politics of Flickr since they got bought out has just gotten horrible and I doubt they will be around much longer. I just need something more reliable, so I'm looking to you guys for suggestions!

Comments

Emma Louise said…
Nice work on the stitching! I just use Google photos with wordpress I can insert a pic from URL so just right click and select copy image address
Awesome progress on both projects!
You can really see the progress on Snow! The Dollmaker looks barely touched for how much you usually stitch.

My photos are all stored on a USB and I add them to my blog from there. So where ever Google stores them. I got burned by first Picasa and then Photobucket so don't bother uploading them anywhere else.
Bethan said…
Nice work on the stitching! I tend to go with my mood - I used to have targets (end of row etc) but that would just put me off. I just take photos on my phone and upload them to google drive x
Great stitching! Maybe switching your projects around more often really is the way to go for you right now. Personally, I'm trying a ten hour rotation this year (spend ten hours with a project before I either switch or commit myself for another ten hours) and that's working great so far...so good!
I only upload my pictures directly to blogspot and back them up locally. Have you looked into that nextcloud/webspace thing yet? I'm pretty sure you could use that for pictures as well if you wanted to.