I'm still going (somehow)

Work is getting down to the wire on my big project, but I'm somehow still stitching! I think I'm just getting to the breaking point at work and I'm starting to give up, so I'm leaving and spending more time stitching. It was bound to happen, I'm an Asper who rarely finishes anything! I had just started Everest last Sunday with one day's worth of work:
Everest001
And when I started to get to the boring sky, I had to stop about mid Saturday (at least I finished the first page):
Everest006
But since it's such a LONG canvas, here's a close up (and forgive the shadow):
Everest006a
You can tell I haven't stitched in a while, check out how "bumpy" some of those stitches are! Oh well, I'll get better again with more practice! I was getting bored with the sky background, so I decided to move on mid Saturday instead of my usual Sunday (I didn't want to routine it, but it seems as though that has been exactly what I have been doing, changing out projects every Sunday morning). So to break up the monotony of the boring background, I switch to the most boring of background stitching, Night Wish! She's been on my mind lately though, mainly because she's another one I apparently haven't touched since November 2017 (I am SOOO ashamed!). But I did remember that I worked on both Night Wish and Snow when my Grandmother was dying in hospice in July of that year, so it was probably hard for me to work on them past that, 2018 was the "year of the psych hospital", and 2019 was the "year of the school project", so it's not like I've had a lot of time since to work on them, so I am going to try to not be so hard on myself about it.

Since it's been so long, she's a HAED from Annie Rodrigue that is supposed to look like this:
Night Wish-000
I left off on the first row finish here (and yes, that moon was a total beeoch!):
NightWish038
I probably stitched for like 30 minutes Saturday and kept coming up with stupid side projects to distract myself, so I barely got anything done Saturday:
NightWish039
But at least by Sunday, I got about a third of the page done, and that was WITH watching both Infinity War and Endgame (there are certain parts of those movies I have to stop and watch...I can't help it, even after numerous watchings!):
NightWish040
Since she's not dithered, if I have the time this week, I could get a LOT done, if I don't have to work late, but there is a LOT to get done because we are about to go-live with this new system and I still have to switch everyone out from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (there have been some complications there too, shock, there is ALWAYS complications). I guess we'll know by next week how much stitching I got done!

But, as a side note, I was bad again and bought more patterns. HAED had a sale and, although I barely have anything in my wishlist anymore since they switched to all dithering, I did have two Max Color, Supersized Aimee Stewart bookshelves in there to add to the multitude that I already have that I have NO CLUE how I'll ever get done! Once Upon A Fairytale:
SS-MC Once Upon A Fairytale_000a
And Boho Seaside View, because we all know how much I love the ocean and, if I do ever get to build a house, my spare bedroom will have a beach theme and this will look good in there:
SS-MC Boho Seaside View_000a
And I guess that's the news for this week! Have a good stitchy week everyone!

Comments

Night Wish is lovely, I am glad you've got her out again.
The new charts are gorgeous, especially Fairytale. Any one portion would make a great stand alone design.
I love that Night Wish is out again. So pretty! I love your new HAED patterns! Hope your work project finishes up smoothly :)
Ooo nice progress! I don’t envy you that moon. So far I’ve enjoyed stitching once upon a fairytale but mines the regular
I love that you're still going strong with your stitching :) Great start on Everest and how nice to see Nightwish again! If I'm judging correctly, you should get to stitch a little more than just background in this row - at least the top of her head?

Ah, yes, the Windows 10 Update...Felix is still busy upgrading some people who, despite having been warned a year in advance, waited until the very last minute to make the switch! We should be able to charge them an extra procrastination fee haha :D
Bethan said…
Night Wish looks lovely, but the moon does look nightmareish. I love your new designs. I'm getting more and more tempted to check out HAED! x