I'd forgotten how headaches affect stitching!

They had put me on this miracle once-a-month shot that had all but stopped my headaches and, the best part was, it was free with this cute little card it came with! But, by the end of last year, the card went away and I have to get prior approval every month, which screws up the schedule, and therefore, the shot isn't as effective, so I'm back to random bouts with migraines that last days on end. Thus was my week last week. It started on a Tuesday and didn't let up until Saturday (and I'm still feeling twinges), so my stitching was minimal at best, and I probably only got as much stitching done as I did because I ended up working less hours at work thanks to my head.

I left off on Snow here last week:
SnowWhite035
And stopped her Saturday nite here, stopping at 151.8 hours total:
SnowWhite040
Just basically a lot of mirror fill in and the Petite Treasure Braid that you can't even see unless you are close up (I'm not even sure why it's there).

Not only because of my head, but I also had a hard time focusing on her Saturday, so I figured it was "time to switch" again. A new person at work was showing interest in my stitching (something NO ONE ever does), and I was showing her my WIPs, when I ran across Everest and I realized that I kitted that project up in 2018, but never started it for some reason. I had every intention of working on Alice and the B's next, but I kept thinking about Everest and, when I went to reach for Alice on Sunday morning, that blank canvas was staring at me, so I reached for it instead! Just a reminder, it's by Addict to Cross Stitch on Etsy:
Everest-000
And I think it will be about 14 x 11 on 28ct when finished (and, I'm not sure since it's been a while, but I'll bet it's Monaco, although it's tan-colored, not my usual Monaco purchase color, so probably something I bought at Hobby Lobby or something). I worked on it about 10.58 hours Sunday, so I made it through about half of the first page:
Everest001
Like the others, I'l keep working on it until I get "bored", which seems to be until about Saturday. The pages have big blocks, so a half a page finish isn't that great an accomplishment, especially with 10 hours of work (although, I am still trying to build up my speed and my head was still hurting a bit).

Speaking of Monaco, is it just me, or are they not making it anymore or something? I'm having a heck of a time finding it, other than very small sizes of that really crappy Charles Craft stuff. 123 Stitch used to have an excellent Monaco, but even they only have the Charles Craft stuff now, on the rare occasion they have it at all! I'm NOT a fan of Lugana, it's too soft and the holes aren't "right" for me. I've never tried Jazlyn or Jobelyn, can anyone compare them to Monaco vs Lugana? Which one are they closer to? I HATE the thought of loosing Monaco! I have a bit of a stash, but not nearly enough for future projects (although I still have enough WIPS to last a few years). I did buy a really cheap evenweave fabric the other day at Hobby Lobby, and I SWEAR it felt just like a really good Monaco, although I'm not sure how it will stretch out and stitch up. I guess only time will tell.

On the Flickr front, it seems the CEO has backtracked a little on his whole "doom and gloom" statement (it might have been a whole ploy to get new members). I have been looking at other services, especially Google photos, because I do like Google for most everything else, but I'm NOT a fan of their privacy agreement on the photos...it's a bit on the scary side and, since I just re-upped my Flickr account and I would have to buy more space for Google, I'd be doubling my expenditure there as well. So, until I see that Flickr is diving down further than it is, I'll hang on just a bit longer, at least for now. But thanks for everyone's input, it does seem like, if I can get over Google's scary privacy statement (although, for the record, most privacy statements are scary if you actually read them), then that's the way to go next.

Oh well, here's to another good week of stitching!

Comments

Kaisievic said…
Oh, migraines - how horrible for you! Lovely stitching, though and good job on starting Everest.
I do feel for you with the migraines. I don't get them but I woke up on Saturday with a splitting headache and my son in a particularly noisy mood!
Snow looks great. How nice to have a colleague display an interest in your stitching too.
I can't imagine have a migraine for that long of a period of time! I feel for you. Mine last a day or sometimes two and that is long enough. I hope they get your shot sorted out since it worked so well for you. Great progress on both projects! I think you Everest is going to look even better than the picture. The colors look so much brighter stitched up :)
Yay I’m glad you’re stitching again! Still amazed by your progress. I read the last several posts so I’ll just put the comments here. Chicago sounded crazy but you got some great pics. I’ve never been there but I want to go. I’ve never watched reaction shows but have started getting into drama channels lately. It’s like a car wreck. I’m going to make a concentrated effort to read blogs more often this year. I miss you guys!
Tiffstitch said…
Great start on Everest! I'm so into full coverage this year with the Pattern Keeper app. Also nice to see how far Snow White has grown since I last saw it. I hope they can figure things out to get your migraines improved, that's miserable. Lugana is closest to Monaco in my mind. Jazlyn I seem to miss the hole frequently. I'm not sure on Jobelan, I haven't used it enough. Do you want me to send you a small piece to practice on? I have some stash hanging around of Lugana for sure, maybe Jobelan, also some Brittany evenweave I think.
For how plagued with migraines you were, that is still great progress - and I love Everest! I have a bit of a weird obsession with that mountain (well, mostly with reading books about expeditions there that went seriously wrong...) so I'll enjoy watching that one grow :)
I can't help much in terms of the evenweave debate. My favourite is 32 count Murano, but then I don't do a lot over-one stitching, so it's different. I recently started a project on Zweigart 28ct Easy Count Evenweave, and I do enjoy that (especially since I am too lazy to grid!), but I know Monaco feels differently.
Bethan said…
Considering how wiped out you were by your migraine, you did so well! It's always fun starting projects that have been tucked away for a while x