Just a quick Netflix rant followup

Just a quick funny story...this week I've been watching a documentary called "One Strange Rock" on Netflix...basically a science/astronomy documentary from Darren Aronofsky that talks about our planet, our solar system, and our universe from the view of astronauts who have spent time on the International Space Station (and, unfortunately, it is narrated by Will Smith, not a favorite of mine, but still). It's been an AMAZING show and now I'm looking for other new space documentaries to watch, not an easy feat since I've watched most of them or they are too old and out-dated. Thankfully, the recommendations are actually changing to reflect this (shock). But in the list of ACTUAL science shows, is a documentary on flat-earthers and how their beliefs are spreading into a real movement. Seriously? I expected the UFO documentaries to start next (because I think I've made it clear how I feel about flat-earthers and their "science"...seriously, WHAT are they teaching in schools nowadays), but no, the next show RIGHT behind the flat-earth documentary, was FRIENDS! OMG! How, in all that is holy, is FRIENDS a documentary? WTF? I should have taken a picture of it! But then again, if they are going to flat-earthers to science docs, you just might as well add Friends to the list too!

Comments

Linda said…
That is to funny Keiley.

Linda
That's just bizarre!

I was reading a blog post today where the person said they weren't a big fan of Stephen Hawking and all that science stuff. She doesn't believe we were descended from monkeys. But she was at pains to point out she's not a Christian either. No idea what her excuse is then!
I vote you please do take a picture next time and make 'Strangest Netflix recommendations ever' a new category on your blog. I might be able to contribute a few as well!
Stupid Netflix! My old manager was a flat Earther. It was frightening to hear him talk about it and how he truly believed it. And all his info came from youtube videos and how the bible says there is an angel in each corner of the Earth. I was glad when he left so I didn't have to listen to it any more! Also I am going to check out One Strange Rock. Sounds like something I would like. And I am quite alright with Will Smith :) Ha!
I knew their recommendations were weird but that is even weirder than expected! It's more like a religion though than science.