Weekly Stitching - finally a finish!

I piddled all week with Rapunzel...I should have had it finished in one night...instead, I spread it out over three days and barely got it finished at all in the week! I left off here last week:
Rapunzel-032
Finished the row on Saturday:
Rapunzel-035
And here it is in all its glory:
Rapunzel-036
I wish I had a dime for everytime I kept knocking my stand over, which in turn would also knock over my cup of iced tea. I would check my fabric to make sure I never got tea on it, but apparently I missed a spot or two because, once I ironed off the grid lines, there were tea spots everywhere. Hopefully, washing it will clean it up. If not, I guess I will have to make sure the framing covers them. You can see them much better without all the grid lines:
Rapunzel-037
And it's also amazing how quickly I finished Rapunzel (151.63 hrs), so maybe my speed is picking up. Oh, and just for the record, here is the size difference between Rapunzel and Snow and Charming, although I figure they will still frame up the same if I don't matt Rapunzel:
Rapunzel-Contrast
I guess it also shows how different cross stitch can be. No two projects could be so different! I do admit, I prefer full coverage with 1x1 and more realistic, but everyone is different.

I knew immediately that I wanted to go back to The Bride Dollmaker from GeckoRouge, so that's where I went back to Saturday night. Here's what she will look like when finished, for those who haven't seen here in a while (or not at all):
Dollmaker_000a
I left off at the first row finish back in January of 2018 when I was regular stitching:
Dollmaker-020
And my attention level was pretty short both Saturday night and Sunday, so this is where I made it to (sad, I know):
Dollmaker-022
I still haven't decided if I'm stitching in rotation for two weeks at a time, or a row at a time, but I'm just kind of going with the flow right now.

No spoilers, but I will say that Captain Marvel was good, but I'm still extremely worried about Endgame since it didn't really answer any of those questions. But it did answer a TON of questions for Agents of Shield, so I went back to watching that show again and, at least for now, my Once habit has been under control for a whole week! Let's see how long it lasts.

There is also really exciting news on the new house front. I've been working hard to pay down my debt, and it's going to take a while, I have a two-year plan, but I've got it down to two house plans and I'm pretty happy with either one. My brother-in-law and his partner has bought a chunk of land to start their own subdivision and I get to pick my own plot, so all should be good there too. I get a nice house in a much safer town (even if it's one I spent my entire childhood trying to get out of), built at cost (maybe less), and can finally have what I truly want, an adult house with a place for the Disney stuff that doesn't take over every square inch of space. I'll be able to give the puppies a yard to play in and to have a yard myself for a garden. Granted, I'll have to get up earlier because I will have a bit longer commute, I won't have as fast internet or access to all the amenities living in a bigger town offers, but I'm cool with that. I'll keep you guys updated as this story develops. As of now, it almost feels too good to be true and I don't want to spoil or ruin it.

Comments

Linda said…
I'm so happy for you Keiley. I'm looking forward to seeing your house grow in the future. Congrats on the awesome finish. I'm still plugging away on Alice.

Linda
Rapunzel looks awesome, what a great and speedy finish! I don't think the tea stains are too bad and won't be visible with framing. I'm also glad you could decide right away on what to work next...I think it's quite alright to just go with whatever strikes your fancy for a while :)
We went to see Captain Marvel yesterday and thought it's absolutely awesome! At least now I know why the internet is all obsessed with Goose. I am so hyped for Endgame, it scares me...it'll be almost impossible for that movie to live up to my expectations, but the MCU have been outdoing themselves for a while now, so I'm optimistic.
Great news on the house front - so exciting, keep us updated!
So so happy for you! And Rapunzel is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish :)
Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Rapunzel. My friend's husband is painting an incredible Rapunzel mural on their daughter's wall. If you pay for the family to come visit your new house I am sure he would do one for you LOL.
Astrids dragon said…
Wow, what a great finish! I hope you get both of them framed soon.
The Bride is amazing, I'm looking forward to seeing it come together.
Good luck with the new house, what fun!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
That finish is awesome. It is funny how many different styles you can get with cross stitch. Both are beautiful.