Weekly Stitching and other things

Thanks guys (especially Linda) for the information about DoNa Stitches. I have all eleven, so I must be good. I probably will never get around to finishing them all anyway, but it's nice to know, even if she never comes back, I do have the complete set so far.

I also have to say R.I.P. to Luke Perry. 90210 wasn't my kind of thing (although I did watch it upon occasion), but I was a huge MOVIE Buffy fan (not the TV show...you guys knew I was weird, so I'm sure you're not shocked), so I've been a fan of his forever and I liked seeing him on Riverdale. I just hate it when the good die young and it makes me mad, especially when there are tons of horrible people running around out there suffering no consequences whatsoever. Fate is a horrible bitch. He shouldn't have been taken from us, but I am sorry for his family. He will be missed.

But anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program, I think I must have jinxed myself last week because, instead of ending up almost finished with Rapunzel like I planned, I instead ended up with a four-day migraine thanks to weather fluctuations from 70 degrees and heavy thunderstorms down to 15 last night and snow and ice on Sunday. Needless to say, I was lucky to get as far as I did, most of which was done Saturday and Sunday. I left off last week here, practically finished with row 2 and a job that should have taken less than a night:
Rapunzel-020
But only finished the row this past Saturday night since I had three days with no stitching, one day with useless stitching, and when I could stitch again, it seemed like I was frogging everything I did stitch:
Rapunzel-024
And here are the two together so far (and, ironically, it doesn't look like it, but this project is bigger than Snow and Charming):
Rapunzel-025
I started row 3 and managed at least the first page and some of the second by Sunday night, but I'm ashamed to say that this is where I ended for the week, no where near finished:
Rapunzel-027
I'd say the odds of me finishing this week are probably not good, but I'm going to give it the old college try (which, considering my college record, isn't setting the bar high). I apparently also was a row short when I gridded, so hopefully my count isn't off, but as of now, I can't really tell. It shouldn't be since I typically stitch from top to bottom, but the way this thing is going, I'm not counting my chickens in any direction!

Last weekend, in yet another effort to break my Once habit, I had an Avengers marathon. Last Sunday night got me through Civil War, but because of my headache, it took me the rest of the week to get through the other films that followed. Once I finished those, I finally decided to break down and watch Deadpool 2 (I've been putting it off), which lead to watching Logan (another put-off, but that ending had been spoiled by so many different sources, it didn't matter anyway) and then I decided to watch the X-Men films in order. Problem is, that series is a bear to find the right order to watch them in! I found website after website that listed numerous different ways to watch those films and none of them made sense, so I just watched them the way I wanted to. They definitely don't flow like the Avengers movies do, that's for sure.

Days of Future Past is still my favorite X-Men film and Wolverine: Origins is still my favorite stand-alone because of Gambit. I don't care what anyone says, Taylor Kitsch will ALWAYS be my Remy, no matter who ends up in a stand-alone Gambit film (if they ever make one...odds aren't looking good anymore). I'm really curious to see how the Fox/Disney merger affects the Avenger/X-Men merger as well and if timelines get straightened out better. Quantum Realms/alternate universes could explain X-Men continuity errors or the lack of mutants in the Avenger films altogether (although the Marvel shows don't seem to be shying away from mutants, even Agents of Shield, so I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'm several seasons behind on that one). Oh well, by Sunday night, I was back on Once anyway, so I guess it didn't matter in the end. Maybe, since Agents of Shield is on Netflix, I should start watching that. We'll see.

Comments

Linda said…
Awesome progress as always Keiley. You have to quit saying that you didn't get much. I wish I could not get much done on mine like you do. lol You lose me everytime you start about the shows. They aren't my kinda show. again lol

Linda
Rapunzel is beautiful!!! I love watching it grow. And I am very surprised that it is bigger than Snow and Charming. I really had no idea how small that on was.
Oh boo for migraines :( You still made some really nice progress, but it sucks to be 'out of order' so much!
I love the X-Men, possibly even more than the Avengers. I think for both franchises it's best to watch the movies in the order they released (aside from a few 'independent' ones that can be moved around a bit), but I know different people have different opinions on the matter!
I don't really see the X-Men/Avengers Merger happen...with the Inhumans (Agent's of Shield) and the other Inhumans (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) and then the 'regular' mutants (and a second Quicksilver on top!), that would confuse even the most hardened of comic movie enthusiasts!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.