Weekly stitching and sucky spoilers - update

Well, I didn't finish Rapunzel last week, despite my best efforts. I didn't have any headaches, just work-aches. I left off here last week:
Rapunzel-027
And at least made it this far by last night:
Rapunzel-032
I'm not going to jinx myself and say that I should finish this week, especially after last week, even though I have less than half the third page and the fourth page isn't even a full page and all the outlining is already done. As sure as I say I'll finish it, I'll have another horrible week and I certainly don't want to go through another last week!

I did try, yet again, to break my Once habit. I watched The Order on Netflix and it was OK, but I hope they get a second season because I didn't like the way it ended. I got caught up on all the Disney movies I was behind on (basically, everything out since Moana), so that's done. Other than Ralph Breaks The Internet, the rest weren't that great. Then I just went back to Avengers Infinity War on loop to desensitize myself for Avengers Endgame. It's still not working (I get choked up everytime), but I'm trying. Contracts are up, actors will be leaving, that's not a spoiler. Whether the characters depart alive or dead will be the question.

Because the internet is a crappy place, a co-worker and I are going to take a long lunch tomorrow and go see Captain Marvel because I literally can't look at ANYTHING on the web without seeing spoilers! I can't look at regular news, entertainment news, science news, tech news, or even Disney news! Seriously? Bloody hell people! Since when did the spoiler-verse get so bad? Remember when they used to at least start the titles of articles with "This article contains spoilers"? Now even the stupid titles have spoilers! I'm at a point now where it's hard for me to physically go anywhere at all except for work and home since I'm not in school anymore (probably worse than before I was in school), so going to the movies is NOT ideal for me right now, even with a friend (who, FYI, has already dropped a spoiler himself, the jerk!).

This couldn't come at a worse time, but I don't have a choice. I can't wait until Captain Marvel comes out on Blu-Ray because it is too close to Endgame for a BR release and, since Cap Marvel sets up Endgame, I'm stuck. How I managed to make it through Infinity War until the Blu-Ray was a bloody miracle, I won't get that lucky with Endgame. Every death will be plastered over every square inch of the web within minutes of opening night...ugh! If I'm going to lose Captain America, I need to see it for myself, not hear it spoiled, or else I'll be sitting there dreading every second instead of watching the movie. I'll deal with it if (or even when) the moment comes, although it might not (I'm still hopeful he'll get to just retire and someone else will die, at this point I don't care who, just not my Cap). No matter what happens in Endgame though, I know my 10 years of the Marvel-verse will be ending, so I'm not sure what that future will hold for me. It's hard enough for me to let things go (obviously), so it's going to be a rough "endgame" no matter how Endgame ends.

Maybe I need to find a good Avengers cross stitch project, something detailed with all the characters (while they are all still there). Hmmm...project! But I'll guess I'll have to wait until the posters come out for Endgame because there is no Hawkeye in Infinity War and I need Hawkeye!

UPDATE...well, that took all of five minutes, but I snuck over to Etsy and picked up a few patterns, Hawkeye or not:
Infinity War_000
A solo Cap, just coz...
Captain America_000a
And one I've have favorited for a while because it gave me a discount with the Infinity War one and I really love Vanellope!
Disney Girls_000b
My self control is about equal to my patience level...absolute zero!

Comments

I feel ya regarding spoilers. How hard is it to post a spoiler warning first and give you the opportunity to scroll past quickly? People who spoil movies and TV shows suck.
Great work on Rapunzel. I am a little bit confused by the boat. I thought the tower was in a wood surrounded by briars and brambles? The Prince gets blinded by falling in them but Rapunzel's tears make him see again?

Anyway, I hate spoilers too so I hope you get to see the film without too many!
Your stitching looks great, even if it was a little slower than you would have liked. I hope this week turned out better for you!
I'm so with you on the spoilers...why does everyone think it's okay to spoil movies/games/whatever that have barely been out a week? I haven't seen anything for Captain Marvel yet, but that's only a matter of time, so I'll be going monday. I went to Infinity War opening night (first time ever), just to avoid having to avoid life for weeks!
Linda said…
Your stitching is stunning and your speed is amazing Keiley. I sure wish I could not stitch as fast as you. lol

Linda
I hate spoilers!! I have that one friend who just can't help herself. "Are you caught up on ___? Oh you're not? So you don't know about ___" She drives me nuts!

Rapunzel is beautiful! And I love your new patterns, especially the last one with all the Disney girls :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.