Weekly Stitching

Rapunzel is coming along nicely. I was a bit disappointed during the beginning of the week because I didn't think she was moving along as quickly as I thought she should, after all, when I started this project, I finished the first row in about a week along with the beginning of the second row (although I piddled a bit with it after that). But, upon further reflection, I realized the first row wasn't a full top-to-bottom row like the second is, so there is a lot more stitching involved in this row and, my speed still isn't back up yet, so I'm doing pretty good, all things considered. I left off here back in July of last year:
Rapunzel-014
And stopped here last night:
Rapunzel-020
You might notice I didn't leave the "gap" in Flynn's hair like in the pattern:
Rapunzel-000
It was just a bit too "Dr. Strange" for my taste. I don't typically like to change patterns, but I just couldn't handle that space and I didn't really understand it, so I decided to go against my personal grain and stitch through it, giving "Eugene" a full head of solid hair. Yes, I AM a rebel!

I figure I should easily finish this row this week and, since the bottom row also isn't a full one, it should go faster like the first one. I probably won't finish this week, but should definitely be finished by next week, as long as there aren't any interruptions. Then, it's back to rotations, although I STILL haven't decided what to do about Hook or whether or not to do one week or two week rotations. I'm not sure when I became such a procrastinator, but apparently it's now one of my personality traits. I don't like it much, so I guess I need to work on that.

Snow and Charming got a "bath" and are drying. I will try to get them mounted sometime this week too. I don't want to get Rapunzel framed until I get all the DoNa's done. I'd like to get them framed together for continuity's sake (plus, I'm not sure what living situation will be at the time anyway). Speaking of DoNa...anyone know what is up with her shop? Her Etsy store has been closed since December for "upgrades", but hasn't come back up yet! I think I have all her princess patterns, but I'm not sure. I'd hate to think I missed one and she's never gonna open back up again. I think the last one was Alice in Wonderland (or at least that was the last one I bought).

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
Nice progress! Glad you're enjoying the stitching somewhat and I'm a lifelong procrastinator, so I won't be much help there.
Linda said…
I'm so so happy to see Rapunzel Keiley. Great progress as always. I got a message from her and she said she was going to try and post this month. I believe that there are 11 charts now.

Linda
Great progress! This is a lovely series, I do hope the designer comes back, for your's and Linda's sakes at least!
Wow, this is going really fast! Great progress.
I don't know about DoNa - even her Instagram said she'd reopen in January, and there's been nothing since. I really hope she's okay and will come back!
It looks so good!!! I didn't realize her shop was closed. I just checked her instagram and it looks like there are 10 all together and that Alice was the last one. So you should be good :)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.