Weekly Stitching (I just LOVE typing those words!)

I did quite a bit of stitching this week. This was a very heavy confetti row, but I FINALLY made it through! I left off here last week:
snowing040
And finally finished the row late Friday night for a total of 215.49 hrs so far which, ironically enough, about 150 or more of those hours were done in the month of January:
snowing045
And here they are in their completeness up through row 3:
snowing046
Saturday and Sunday were dedicated to starting and working on the final row, which isn't a full one, and doesn't have a lot of confetti (except for the far right side), so it should (hopefully) go quickly. I did, late Saturday night, start seeing Hidden Mickey's in there, which turned to Hidden Minnie's, and even spotted a Hidden Daisy next to the Hidden Minnie, but you decide for yourself if I was just getting delirious or actually seeing them...Daisy is on the left facing Minnie (or Mickey with two Mickeys between his ears) on the right:
snowing048
But anyhow, despite the delirium of Saturday, I didn't take my Ritalin Sunday (which I often don't do on the weekends), and had a hard time focusing on Sunday. I spent the entire day trying to force myself to stitch, and as the day turned to night and the night wore on, it got harder and harder to keep stitching. My contacts started getting glazed over, I couldn't focus, but I just kept repeating to myself that I quit school for this, so I wasn't stopping. When I finally did quit because I was just too tired, I FINALLY figured out why...it was 11:45 pm! I have an alarm that reminds me to take my meds at 9:30 (if I take them any later, it makes it EXTREMELY difficult to get up the next morning and they still don't even kick in until midnight or so) and, at some point, I must have turned off the alarm, but I surely don't remember doing that, let alone it going off in the first place. My contacts are gas perms and hard, so that explains the haze I was trying to see through. No frickin wonder I was tired! Looks like I got my stitching mojo back in spades when I stitch through alarms and hazy vision!

I ended Sunday night here:
snowing049
I tried yet another way to break my Once habit, by listening to a Once podcast that was created as the show was running. It's funny and frustrating at the same time because they are sometimes so far off base with their theories, but again, they are watching technically in "real time". But even back then, I think I could figure things out better than these guys did! I do like how they take screen shots and over-analyze every single scene so they are pointing things out that even I've never noticed, but then again, they fail to notice what is right in front of them (like the fact that there is a Hidden Mickey in every single episode as well as other characters...I'm personally still trying to find all those Hidden Mickey's myself). I stopped listening on Saturday because they pissed me off too much by calling Graham "he who must not be named" because they don't like him (who hates Jamie Dornan?) and they hate Hook too. Granted, Hook started out bad, but they haven't ever mentioned the chemistry between Emma and Hook. Granted, as Hook would say, his intentions were less than noble, but still, sparks were flying left and right between those two and these podcast guys can't even see it. I also wonder who these podcast people are, because there are a lot of pop culture references that they are completely missing in the show (that their "live" callers and forum members point out for them but they still don't understand them) and they pull out a lot of Biblical references (which is so NOT a Once type thing, despite the overall positive notes of hope throughout the show), so I think it's probably good I don't continue on. So, in the end, all it did was push me back into watching Once, OCD unbroken. Oh well, maybe I'll find something else that will distract me. I still have the reaction videos on YouTube (although those only come out every couple of weeks). At least for now, watching Once Upon A Time over and over is my zen at the end of a rough day until another show comes along.

Comments

Incredible how much stitching you get done if you don't stop all day! This design looks amazing!
It looks so good! Can't wait to see it finished :)
That is a lot of stitching, and it looks great! 150 hours is about twice the crafting time I got in in January, so I feel a little less bad about my lack of speed now.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.