Weekly Stitching

It took me exactly two days to finish up the row on Happy Haunts...the two days I missed last week due to missing bolts. I left off here:
Haunts024
And shined it off easy-peasy:
Haunts026
I immediately started back on Sleepy Hollow Mural, but then I ended up with a massive headache that lasted...wait for it...two days. So I ended up yet another week with two missing stitching days. I left off on the Hollow back in May about in the middle of page 3:
Hollow015
And stopped Saturday night here, wandering loose in about page 6:
Hollow018
I didn't stop because I got bored and I'm obviously no where near finishing the row...the end of the grid row is just the halfway point. I have eleven pages to go on this row. This project is really hard to work on because of the stand. I have to keep my arms held up really unnaturally high and they hurt after a while so I end up taking more breaks than I want to. But the real reason I stopped is because I realized that I haven't finished a single project this year and had no hope of doing so on my current path.

I had been binge-watching X-Files for the Dec 3rd premiere of the new season, but I was blowing through it too fast, so since I also picked up Season 12 of Supernatural the other day, I decided to take an X-Files break. I started on Season 1 of Supernatural Friday night and I'm already in Season 3 (when I say binge-watching, like everything else I do, I do it on steroids). That reminded me of a cool chart I bought off of Etsy. I had found it a long time ago and it stayed in my wish list for a while, but when I got ready to buy it, it had disappeared. It took me forever to find it again, and once I did, I snapped it right up. I haven't seen it again since, so I'm glad I got it when I did.

I started it Saturday night and despite a few hiccups with thread choices and whether or not I was going to do the Impala, I give you Supernatural Exorcism:
DSC08232
The white thread wasn't called for, but it was supposed to be stitched on white and, since I used 18ct Shale (I was going for that earthy, down-home boy quality...or graveyard dirt...choose your poison), the whitish areas looked weird in shale, so I stitched them. I just left the windows blank because, well they're windows. I also ended up outlining more than called for because it looked weird. I used Aida for the white, but I used 12 Cotton Pearle for the black and I really like how it worked for the letters (not so much for the car). I also flipped the car (it was originally pointed the other way and it just looked weird to me).

I wanted to check the wording for the exorcism and thank goodness for wiki fandom! I discovered they've done numerous worded exorcisms throughout the seasons, but they have used this one at least twice so I was OK with it.

I need to find a really cool gothic frame to put it in, but I think I'll take it to work. I like to keep my co-workers on their toes (or scare them, again, pick your poison). But hey, now I can say that I've had at least one finish for the year! I'm gonna start back on Sleepy Hollow again tomorrow and continue on it through the rest of the year (unless I manage to finish the row and I'll move on).

Hope everyone else had a good stitchy week, or just a good week in general!

Comments

Justine said…
Congratulations on your finish! I'm not sure how much of the design you actually purchased has made it onto the fabric, but it looks good and scary enough to keep your colleagues on their toes!

Hope the headaches go away and don't come back - you don't need those on top of everything else.
Barb said…
Love your Sleepy Hallow piece and look forward to seeing more of it. Looks like you got a lot done Sunday. Hope your headaches go away.
Happy Haunts looks awesome! Congratulations on the finish too. It's nice to have one every now and then. You made some great changes and I do like the Shale fabric.
Tiffstitch said…
Congrats on getting more work done on Sleepy Hollow, that is very impressive, especially considering how much you need to stop. Love the supernatural one and well done flipping the car! I always think of that and chicken out. :)
Linda said…
Awesome progress on Happy Haunts Keiley. Congrats on the great finish. Nice progress on Sleepy Hollow.

Linda
Mii Stitch said…
Again, amazing progress on your stitching, you're so fast!!! Congrats on the finish and hoping the headache stays away.
Bethan said…
I love your Supernatural piece - the material you have used for it really works as well. You have made great progress on your other projects, even if Sleepy Hollow is being a bit of a nightmare at the moment! x
Great progress on Happy Haunts, and on Sleepy Hallows too! I see how this design size might be awkward to work on. The exorcism is really awesome - your blog looks like it's Halloween!
Astrids dragon said…
Great progress and I the fabric for your Supernatural finish is perfect! I'm looking forward to seeing that framed.
Happy Haunts looks awesome!! And Sleepy Hollow is my favorite of all your projects. And yay for a finish! I have never watched Supernatural but plan to someday.
Vickie said…
I was supposed to have started my Happy Haunts in October however, I was too overwhelmed so I just did smalls...I hope to start it this year!! Along with the evil queen!!!!