Weekly Stitching

I know it seems like my posts are a bit mundane lately, but I am soooo grateful for mundane it's not even funny! I'm still in hiding from the world, barely leaving the safety of my nest, but I feel so much better on the inside that I don't really care much about the outside world. When I can't get out of doing something social, I've been shutting myself completely off to get through it, but every time I do this, it gets harder and harder to turn back on. I had to go out of town twice last week for work and by the second time it took me a day and a half to straighten back out. I have to work on that. But for now, I'm stitching like crazy, trying not to deal...which is how I deal, if that makes sense.

I tried to work on Suteki, but she's driving me nuts. I left off on her here last week:
Suteki035
And after one day of stitching, I decided I needed a break and left off here:
Suteki036
But there was another glitch I wasn't counting on...this past week, the bolts that tighten the clamps to my lap stand got stripped and wouldn't tighten. I've stitched with scroll rods since my teens and most all my projects are kitted up that way. I have a floor stand, but I've gotten so used to the lap stand, I'm almost useless without it now. I couldn't get to the hardware store fast enough...so much so that I ended up stopping at one on one of my work trips to get replacement bolts. I wouldn't stop at a strange place in a strange town on a normal day, let alone right now, but I needed to get back to stitching and with my new-found talent of shutting off like a light bulb, it makes it easier to do things like that, even with the consequences. I just have to master turning back on like a light bulb.

Once all was back to normal, at least stand-wise, I decided to hop back to Happy Haunts. It was supposed to be my A New Stitchy Start project for the year and I should have it finished by now, but I've had trouble with it too. It's not a HAED, but it was another project I could finish the row for before the end of the year. I left off on it back in June:
Haunts020
And despite my two day respite, I made it here tonight:
Haunts024
Oh, if I had those two days I lost, I could have finished the row this week. Oh well, at least I have next week! I'm not sure if I'll go back to Suteki or Sleepy Hollow. There is NO WAY I could finish the row to Sleepy Hollow either...since it's horizontal, a row is like 30 pages, but at least it's not dithered confetti, it's just normal confetti and I could use some of that right now. And who knows, since I'm off the week after Christmas, maybe if I stitch the entire week straight, I could finish the row to whichever one I choose after Happy Haunts (and I could go back to the Bride Dollmaker too, although since I barely got started on that, that's a ton of work for a row finish). We'll see where the stitching takes me I guess.

I had to stop binge-watching Charmed. I decided that since the new season of X-Files starts January 3rd, I'd better start binge-watching X-Files to get myself ready. Those Charmed DVDs are looking at me though, waiting for their turn again. Since I'm behind on Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Heartland, it might be a while before I get back to those particular witches. But that's the joy of DVDs...binge-watching whatever and whenever you want.

Here's hoping for another quiet week.

Comments

Linda said…
I'm so happy that you had a good week Keiley. Awesome progress as always. I've been crocheting like a mad woman and not doing much stitching. I have orders for 2 baby blankets and 2 full size afghans.

Linda
Mii Stitch said…
I am so glad you've managed to get your stand fixed. You have made magical progress on happy haunts!!! I remember watching the Charmed series!! I have no idea how it all ended..
Mundane is good if it means this much progress on your pieces!
Well done on sorting out the frame problems too. It's amazing what needing to stitch can do for you.
I tend to do the same thing - when live is coming at me and I get stressed out, I just sit and craft for as much as possible to shut out and off the world for a bit. And it works nicely so far.
Seems like switching to Happy Haunts was a good choice - you're flying through that one! May Suteki just needs to be 'enjoyed' in very small doses. Is the whole design that bad, or just this particular section you're working on?
Justine said…
I agree with Leonore, Suteki needs to be appreciated in small doses! Happy Haunts looks fab and you made great progress. Take care of yourself and keep stitching if it helps.
Bethan said…
Great progress - and I'm very glad you managed to fix your stand x
Tiffstitch said…
Very glad to hear you had a week of mostly mundane life. That can be a gift sometimes. Also, good for you getting out to fix your stand in an unknown environment, that is excellent!
I have to say that I am very content with a mundane life too. I would be quite happy to just sit home with all my things around me. Your progress on Happy Haunts is awesome!! And that Suteki! It will be something to be proud of when you finish it. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas today and that you did whatever you wanted to :)
Vickie said…
That top project Suteki looks like confetti hell!!!! I LOVE Charmed!!! Binge watching at it's best!!!! I am working backwards but Love what I am seeing....