Weekly Stitching

Another week down, another project row done! I left off on Night Wish with just that pesky moon to go:
NightWish035
And after almost an entire skein of thread, I finally finished it, with a total of 131.2 hrs:
NightWish038

Despite all my better judgement, I moved on to the next project, Christmas Contest Suteki. I left off on her back in June:
suteki032
And despite working on her non-stop since Friday night, I only made it here:
Suteki035
It's one of the reasons why I hate this project so much...I work and work on it and barely get anywhere. I have the feeling I won't finish the row by the end of the year. If it wasn't going to be the perfect gift for my Sister, I would chuck it.

I finally got all my Charmed DVDs in to and the theme song is different than the Netflix version. I seriously HATE it when a brilliant 80's song gets butchered, but when you are talking the level of The Smiths, it's downright blasphemous! Luckily I have to fast-forward through the opening sequences anyway because of the seizure factor. That song has always been the song that defined my teenage angst (as I'm sure it did most people's) and to hear it get revamped into a 90's Disney Radio version is almost heartbreaking. Thankfully, we still have YouTube for those lovely reminders of said teenage angst, angst I'm not entirely sure I've grown out of yet.

Comments

Well done on your row finish, and nice progress on Suteki too! It might be a close call finishing this row, depending on how much other stuff you have to do before the end of the year, but if you don't make it at least you can start of the new year with a row finish as well!
They both look awesome!! But Suteki looks like confetti hell so I can see why you don't see progress as quick on it. But it will be worth it in the end. And I love that song. I had forgotten that it was the Charmed theme.
Sutecki is total confetti hell! Maybe you could do half pages so you get a solid block more often?

The song I have on a loop is Jefferson Airplane White Rabbit. They played it at a funeral we went to (a man who used to work in our bar for us) and it just hit me in the feels as they say!
Unknown said…
Great progress on both, every little stitch counts.
Linda said…
Awesome progress and they both look great Keiley. Is it just me or is the first design both the same picture?

Linda
Tiffstitch said…
Woohoo! Great row finish and that is a ton of progress on Suteki, I always see confetti hell when I look at that one, but it's so gorgeous at the same time.
Justine said…
Just keep plodding with Suteki, you'll get there! Is this the last row finish of the year?
Vickie said…
Confetti hell is the worst!!! Love the top piece...all that purple is so pretty!!!!