Disney Reviews Restaurant Edition: #25: Cape May Cafe

I have to admit, I have wanted to try Cape May forever, but had been too chicken before. Buffet's are hard on solo trips and my Sister isn't a big fan. But since we were staying at the Beach Club, I figured it might be the best time to try to "sneak" it in and I'm so glad I did!

Sorry...didn't do such a good job straightening pictures, did I?
2016(9)-0988
As per usual, Hidden Mickey's abounded:
2016(9)-0998
2016(9)-0990
We had to wait a while so I took dozens of pictures of this plant stand for some reason:
2016(9)-0994
And can't forget my obsession with Disney lighting:
2016(9)-0993
2016(9)-a-0197
There were all these displays of child beachwear framed all over the resort, but I found them more creepy than anything and have very few pictures...you talk about spooky vibes!
2016(9)-0995
It's never easy taking pictures in a food line, but I tried:
2016(9)-0999
The dessert bar:
2016(9)-0997
I was very careful which night I picked to make sure I got peel-n-eat shrimp, but I think I picked a good night because all three of us had numerous plates...by now I barely tell who's was who's, but does it matter? Oh wait...olives...this one is definitely mine, my Sister HATES olives:
2016(9)-1000
Crab legs...has to be Amber's:
2016(9)-1001
In front of Matt, so I'd say it's safe to say it's his:
2016(9)-1002
Big pile of white creamy stuff that is not horseradish...must also be Amber's:
2016(9)-1003
2016(9)-1004
More olives...mine again:
2016(9)-1005
Amber's desserts...she shared with Matt:
2016(9)-1006
My desserts, I share with no one:
2016(9)-1007
We tried really hard to squeeze in on another night, but this restaurant stays so booked up, it was just too impossible. Despite it's mixed reviews on fan sites, we found the food to be extremely fresh and cooked to almost perfection in every instance. The prime rib guy was incredibly stingy, but aren't they all? Must be a job requirement. We all literally ate until we were almost sick, but we still wanted to keep going, hence our desire to try to get in again. Maybe next trip!

Comments

Linda said…
All that food looks so yummy Keiley. Doesn't help when I'm starving.

Linda
I think we've enjoyed both of the dinners we've had here. We did the breakfast once, and I still have nightmares about it. They have characters during the breakfast buffet. Our morning it was Chip & Dale who decided they wanted to feed me. I had pancake syrup all over my face and in my hair. It was a sticky and disgusting mess. The kids all thought it was funny...me, not so much. That being said, we've always had pretty good food here. Love all your pictures! Makes me wish I was there right now.
Wow! That sure does look like a yummy meal! And the above story about the pancake syrup might have just scared me away from character meals!
I'd keep those desserts to myself too!
I reckon those beach clothes belong to abandonded children who hid from their parents at hometime and were never seen again. Just a little shorts and t-shirt set...
Emma Louise said…
I love that the reviews are back! Makes me want to go back even though the last time we were there could have been better. It is bugging me though that I can't find the hidden mickey in the carpet photo.
That food looks delicious, I wouldn't want to stop eating too!