Disney Resort Review #12: Disney's Beach Club Resort

Normally, I tend to spread reviews out over the various categories a bit better, but I've been itching to do this one since I got the pictures finished! Wilderness Lodge will always be my absolute favorite Disney resort, but The Beach Club is now a very close second! The ironic thing about this is that The Beach Club's sister resort, The Yacht Club, was one of my worst Disney stays ever (mainly due to yesterday's post...parent type #1).

I had a feeling that I was going to love the Beach Club and I had been dying to stay there forever. This particular trip was also a bit unusual in that it was a family trip with me and my Sister and Brother-In-Law, but he could only stay a couple of days, so they had a ressie at the Yacht Club (which was going to place her resort-stay count dangerously close to mine and I wasn't too happy, but what could I do, they were paying for my trip too!) and then, once he left, my Sister would move to the Beach Club into my room with me to finish our trip. I drove, they flew, so I got there a day early and stayed the night at All-Star Movies. He was to fly back and she would ride back with me. Luckily, Yacht Club had overbooked and they got moved to the Beach Club too (and my count stayed intact). Needless to say, it was a veritable nightmare to plan all these separate ressies, but it turned out to be one of the best trips I've ever had!

The Beach Club is beautiful!
2016(9)-0277
I guess I do need to get the admin out of the way first, especially since this is a full review! Disney's Beach Club Resort is a Deluxe Resort is Disney's Boardwalk area connected directly to Epcot.

(courtesy of Google Maps)
Meaning you can easily walk to Epcot's World Showcase, take a boat to either Epcot or Disney's Hollywood Studios or, for the most adventurous (and healthy), walk to the Studios. Like all Deluxes, it does have a food court, but it's small and connected directly to the store (and shares with the Yacht Club) - and bad me...I didn't take a single picture in the store part of the Marketplace!
2016(9)-0282
We ate most of our breakfasts here...Mickey waffles, yum!
2016(9)-1154
There are also two sit-down restaurants (which I will deal with in restaurant reviews), and a soda/ice cream shop, but since the Beach and Yacht are connected, you can easily walk to any of the Yacht Club restaurants as well. They also share a pool, which is huge and has a sand bottom:
2016(9)-3983
2016(9)-3998
With a pirate ship for a water slide:
2016(9)-4002
To get an idea how big this pool actually is, it literally stretches from one side of this picture to the other:
2016(9)-1272
And there are additional quiet pools. Amber and Matt's room was outside one of them.
2016(9)-0695
We passed the other daily on the way to the bus stop:
2016(9)-4009
There is your typical Arcade, Child Center, Gym and Spa, but nothing thrilling about those. There were also various sitting rooms scattered throughout, but I've never understood those in any of the resorts:
2016(9)-3972
2016(9)-1778
But, as per usual, there were some last minute construction going on and the bus stops were all screwed up. It didn't affect much other than we had a lot of walking through the DVC side to do, but it wasn't too bad. More on that later. The lobby is softer than the Yacht Club and not nearly as stuffy:
2016(9)-0987
2016(9)-a-0001
There were quite a few of these shell pictures that almost looked like needlework in the lobby, and I actually thought they were until I started editing the pictures:
2016(9)-0276
2016(9)-0992
Remember the All-Star rooms...feast your eyes on this beauty!
2016(9)-0302
Which I had all to myself for three nights! Not bad for a girl from the trailer park!
2016(9)-0285
This is the pic that the people at work got..."suck it losers, I'm in Disney World!", I'm such a kind, decent, and sympathetic human being.
IMG_1807
Bath:
2016(9)-0286
Sitting area:
2016(9)-0290
Desk area:
2016(9)-0303
Don't know if you can see, but the fridge and stuff is to the left of the bathroom:
2016(9)-0294
Fridge below...imagine it's there:
2016(9)-0309
And, of course, the joy of the deluxes, my balcony view facing toward Epcot:
2016(9)-0297
2016(9)-0298
The best thing about the deluxes is that they are so subtle with the Hidden Mickeys instead of blatant like the values...how many can you spot?
2016(9)-0287
2016(9)-0292
2016(9)-0295
2016(9)-0306
2016(9)-0311
And even right outside the door:
2016(9)-0316
Because the bus stops were being worked on, we had to use make-shift ones that were up at the back side of the DVC edge meaning a long walk down the Redrum hallway of death:
2016(9)-1782
Past a litany of new aligator/snake warning signs:
2016(9)-4013
To the back corner of the parking lot:
2016(9)-4014
Oh well, wouldn't be Disney World if you didn't come home with feet three times their normal size! Overall, I absolutely adored this resort and I definitely will be staying there again someday. We did have issues with moving Amber into my room (we couldn't make them understand that she needed the dining plan added and we (I mean she) was willing to pay). Since we were there in the middle of September instead of our usual October (we needed to go earlier before cotton ginning season started for Matt), it was hotter than Hades every single day. I'm typically a very cold person by nature and, even in Florida, rarely get hot, but I sweated like a pig every single day. It meant we ended up spending more daytime in the resort, but that was OK because I loved it there. Nothing beats staying at either an Epcot resort or a Magic Kingdom resort for convenience and you always get what you pay for at Disney.

Comments

Linda said…
Looks and sounds like a wonderful resort to stay at Keiley. I would spend my whole time there and the parks.

Linda
That is a gorgeous hotel! Very colonial in decor. Love the shell pictures, are you tempted to make one with your shells?
I cannot believe you had me looking for tiny Mickeys in the bath mat too!
We love the Beach Club. I know where the Hidden Mickeys are. We adore the decor and the vibe of the resort. Since we're usually there in early March or late fall, we're used to more comfortable weather there, too. We always feel like we're going to melt if we're going there with someone and they insist on going over spring break or summer vacation. I hope I never have to do that again. I am really loving your Disney pictures. I'm looking forward to the next post already. Have a great weekend! Andrea
It is beautiful! And that pool is ginormous!! Great review :)
Astrids dragon said…
Thanks for the review, it looks lovely! One of these days we'll go back.
Anonymous said…
I can take or leave Frozen too, maybe because I don't have a little girl who loves it. At least you can say you've been there, done that!


ตารางคะแนน
That really looks like a lovely hotel! When I'm thinking hotels at Disney, something this gorgeous and classy is not the first thing that comes to mind, but then we do not have as many to chose from around here. And I do want to try that sand-floored pool now!
Vickie said…
I loved all your reviews and this is my dream resort!!!! I just can't make myself leave The Wilderness Lodge! stuck in my ways