Vacations and stitching!

Yep, you read that right...I stitched! Granted, it was VERY paultry, but I did it! I took last week off and spent most of the time sitting on my arse watching Outlander, reading the first two Outlander books, learning Gaelic with Duolingo (I now know my animals, food and some family members as well as greeings, big whoop, but you gotta start somewhere I guess), but I also stitched, on Tartan B, no less! And yes, in typical "me" fashion, I did most all of these things at the same time. I couldn't turn the TV off long enough to stop to do any one of the other things by themselves, so I was often reading during the parts of the show that I didn't like (like when Jamie and Claire were separated for various reasons), learning kiddie Gaelic (often while they were fighting over other things), and stitching (often while I needed to pay attention to the good bits of the show, and could look up at a moments notice at the "important" parts (and need I say what the "important" parts are?).

So, I left off on Tartan B back in December of 2017 here (yep, 2017...sad, but true):

TartanB-012

Only three days of stitching, mind you, but I did make it here, which, considering how I used to stitch it, was about a year's worth of stitching, so I'm pretty proud of myself:

TartanB-015

It actually looks like a "B" finally! I'm still gonna work on it for now. I don't know when my new part-time job will start, and I'm sure it's going to keep me from all these extracurricular activities (except at least watching Outlander...that particular OCD habit I won't be able to give up, I'm in too deep now and it shows no sign of letting up).

I wanted to watch the Harry Potter reunion, but I couldn't stop watching Outlander long enough to do so, so that will have to wait, although I need to do it soon so I can cancel HBO Max (too expensive and I don't watch it). I did manage to get my bedroom carpet steam cleaned, but nothing else got cleaned. I couldn't tear myself away any longer. No gingerbread house this year, no fancy vacation meals (but hey, I lost another 7lbs, so yeah me), and definitely no duckroom rearrangement with the new shelves I bought almost 10 weeks ago now. Oh well, I needed the time to just sit on my behind and relax (or at least that's the story I keep telling myself). I will say, that is definitely a life I could get used to!

I did update my ORT collection, and it is definitely verifiable that I did absolutely no stitching this year. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the past week, it would be even more empty that it was before...most of it is the green thread from Tartan B! So here is my TUSAL collection total, with the bottom right being 2021. Sad and shameful!

Untitled

If I do keep stitching, I'll post weekly updates here, but daily updates will be on my Instagram page @keeblesworld. And I guess that's it for the updates. I'm not gonna drag any of us down (especially meself, by discussing work, so we'll leave it at that! Here's hoping 2022 brings us a MUCH better year!

Comments

Tartan B is gorgeous! Well done on actually stitching over the holiday too. I can't think what you mean about the "important" bits either. Deep discussion of plot lines maybe? LOL

I don't do Insta, it doesn't like my laptop or my iPad and stops me scrolling after a few photos. So I shall just live for your blog!
Linda said…
I'm so so happy to see you stitching again Keiley. Looking forward to your updates. You will do great in your new job.

Linda
The "important" parts. Haha! Tartan B looks amazing! And you will do great at your new job. They are lucky to have you.
I almost fell off my chair when this popped up on my IG feed! Glad to see you stitching again, if only for a bit. I guess it shows that you haven't *really* lost your stitching bug, your're just too stressed out and busy to give it any room? I'm happy you got to relax for a week, you certainly deserved that!