Answers and Stash

It seems like it's about a 50/50 split on the COVID cut question...some of you guys like getting stuff early, some prefer to wait. That's interesting to me. I've had a week to think about it, but I haven't really changed my opinion. I guess if they do the 6th season of Outlander justice, I'll be OK, but I just have a feeling...

On to other things though (because, if I get started on Outlander, I won't shut up!). I have been buying cross stitch patterns! I did look for Outlander patterns (yes, here I go again), but I couldn't find any really good ones. I did, however, OBVIOUSLY get a FanGirl Stitches one (because, well, obviously!), and some other quote ones for "Dinna Fash", which I thought would work well at work (obviously), but a proper full coverage one still aludes me at the moment.

Dinna Fash2 Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.38.51 AM Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.39.15 AM

I also got some Celtic ones (because I've been in the mood)

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.36.12 AM Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.37.45 AM Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.34.53 AM

For the first time ever, I did a request a size from HAED, and had them do a supersize of a max color chart, although there was a bit of a snafu and they did it on the original chart first (so, for everyone who wanted a supersize of the original chart, your welcome!). I finally got it straightened out though, and here is the supersize, max color chart for US Travel Bookshelf (because I am definitely a US Traveler!). I want the World Traveler too, but I haven't done much of that...more on that in a minute.

SS-MC US Travel Shelf_000b

So, speaking of world traveling, obviously, right now that's NOT a good idea, but once everything dies down (if it ever does), I've decided it's finally time to break down, stop all this Disney nonsense (and by that, I mean spending thousands of dollars to do nothin but go to Disney World and nowhere else) and go to Scotland! I've been talking to my Sister about it, although she doesn't seem excited. I may have to find another travel buddy for this trip, which is totally fine! I can do that, or even go on my own (although that may prove exponentially more difficult, but can be done).

I'm thinking I'll need three weeks, about the cost of one Disney trip, and I should be able to traverse about every major city, my family's homeland, and other key areas of interest (yes, I mean Outlander sites). It will take a LOT of planning, but I do tend to excel in that, once I set my mind to it. I would have to do England separately, and even probably in two separate trips, one for London, and one for everywhere else. Same with France, one for Paris, one for Disneyland Paris, and one for everywhere else. But again, I think each trip can be done for the price of a Disney World trip, if not cheaper. The amount of money spent on a Disney trip is outrageous, and I haven't been too happy with the way Disney has been managed as of late. Maybe it's time to step away until they "get their affairs in order", if you know what I mean.

So anyway, thanks to everyone for your votes and your opinions! I appreciate your feedback! I asked around work, but most of these people haven't even noticed it or I ended up starting some stupid political debate about the legitmacy of COVID. Seriously, I'm glad I'm learning Gaelic, I'm speaking it more and more in my daily life and no one can understand me! It's better than French, because, invaribly, someone around here had French in high school and can understand me a bit. NO ONE understands Gaelic! It's magical!

Comments

Linda said…
I love the bookshelf chart. To bad I don't do HAED's, etc.

Linda
Nice stash enhancers! I like the Tree of Life!
Yes, come to Scotland! Three weeks is a nice amount of time, would you hire a car? I'm about a 12 hour drive from Edinburgh!
Tiffstitch said…
Oooo, very nice choices. I keep going back and forth on Outlander, both the books and the series. I had read all the books, but haven't picked up the new one and don't know if I will.

I love your idea to go to Scotland, that's awesome! And I think you're right on costs.
Awesome buys! I really like the US travel bookshelf. It is going to be beautiful!
Great pattern purchases, looking forward to seeing you stitch some of them!

Your trip plans sound fun, and I hope you'll be able to do lots of traveling once the pandemic dies down! Just one remark...I'd advice you to not plan too much time for Disneyland Paris. Seriously, I went there once and was SO disappointed, it was nothing like the US-Disney experiences I'm hearing about. My friend who went with me had been to the US locations previously, and she was severely disappointed as well. We even had a hard time finding enough to do to drag it out until the parade (we meant to get food before it but almost all the restaurants closed around 6pm), and ended up going on the 'It's a small world' ride three times back to back just to pass the time LOL