Pouring rain and all that...

Last night, when I left work super early (because everyone and everything was pissing me off to the point I couldn't function), my car took a while to start. That's new. After I got home, I waited about four hours, went outside and it started right up, so I just figured maybe my keys were just buried too deep in my numerous coat pockets (because it's 30 degrees here and I HATE the cold!).

But this morning, same thing, only worse. So, despite the fact that I already had one doctor texting me from the hospital (that I can't go to because of my personal issues that very few are aware of) that he's having issues and he wants me to go over there first (and today is my intern's day off, so I couldn't send him), I decided, instead, to drive my vehicle to the dealership. My rationale (purely self-serving) was that, if I did go to that hospital, I could get stuck in the parking lot and it wouldn't start at all, and then I would have to get a tow truck, which I DEFINITELY couldn't afford.

I texted him from the dealership that I couldn't come to the hospital because my car was giving me issues and I was there...fortunately, his "desperate" problem had "miraculously" fixed itself by that point. Ironic that.

Unfortunately, my issues were just beginning. I need a new battery and a belt (about $400), it was WAY past time for an oil change (another $50) and yes, their brand new service manager let me know that I could no longer drive on my bald tires (which last time...when I had the money to buy new tires...now I don't really...they told me my tires were fine even though I KNEW they weren't). Despite him offering to install them for free and give me at least one cheaper, although not the other three...another $800 to $1000, depending on the tires in stock. Since this guy was new, I pretty much UNLOADED on him. Telling him my YEARS of grievances with the dealership and all the hardships I've had to deal with.

I think (although I'm not real sure, my temper was busting through my head), he's giving me super discounts because of all my bad issues, but it's still going to be about $1200, pretty. much draining about half my savings. Again, yeah me. Just what I needed on top of all this expensive therapy on the horizon.

But this post is about what little stitching I did last week, since I did promise that. I left off here last time: Alice182

And again, not much to report (although this was about 4 hours instead of my usual 2, and at least I wasn't too lazy to pull the needle through, so progress!). Most of it's in Cindy's arms, so it's hard to tell, but it was a lot of coverage: Alice183

So now, I'm just waiting to hear back the final verdict on how much my total for my car is going to cost and it better purr like a kitten when I get it back! At least I don't have anywhere else to go this week, just that event alone has shot my public appearances for the rest of the week and makes me want to call in sick tomorrow but, unfortunately, I can't. I have new tires to pay for. Another reason to not go on disability I guess. I wouldn't be able to afford vehicle repairs, I'd just be without transportation and this isn't a public transpo town (we barely have taxi's and, if we have Uber's, I'd be completely surprised...let alone the fact I couldn't afford that either on disability).

Comments

Linda said…
I'm sorry to hear about car problems. We had them last year. Great progress on your stitching.

Linda
It seems like there is always something trying to throw a spanner in the works! At least you had the savings to pay for the car, even if the money could have been better used.
Sorry to hear about the car troubles but good thing you caught it before it left you high and dry somewhere. Cars are such an expense! Great progress! White on white stitching is a chore.