Stitching and promises

Well, I guess you guys might have been wondering why I've been silent for so long...I've made myself a promise that I won't be posting anything negative anymore about how "horrible" my life is so, until I have something positive to say, I won't post. Hence, the silence. I've had nothing positive to say! I still don't, but I did actually stitch this weekend for the first time since July, so I thought I'd share that. I'm still not sure what made me decide to stitch, but I guess It doesn't matter! I left off on the Bride Dollmaker here back on July 26th:

Dollmaker-45

And, since it has been a while, my hands started cramping pretty bad by yesterday afternoon and I didn't get that far, but I did pretty well for such a long time out, and I made it here:

Dollmaker-047

If I keep going this week, I should have the row finished by this weekend! I'll let you guys know if I continue on.

Speaking of, Sunday, the 27th, will be my 50th Birthday. (No exclamation point for a reason there...the excitement I felt in January is long gone now). I had taken off work from this Friday to the following Monday (Oct 5th), because I was planning either a massive road trip, or a Disneyland/Santa Monica trip, but I guess that's out of the question now (no negativity...), so I will be taking off around my birthday and skirting into work at random on the rest of the days. I'm afraid that much time at home would be too dangerous for me right now anyway. And, since that's all the positive news I have, I'll leave it there! I'm not sure if I'll post again before my Birthday, but if I don't, happy B-day to me and I'll make sure to let you guys know whatever cake I bake myself. I ordered some Ruby Cacao chips (my newest obsession), but I'm not sure they will make it in by the weekend, so I may go with Pavlova. We'll see.

Comments

Linda said…
You made amazing progress Keiley. Looks like alot of confetti stitching. Happy Birthday. I was 71 on the 14th.

Linda
Awesome progress! It is looking so good! And Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday for today!
The cute little Baby Monster is really starting to appear now.
So I guess that assistant you got didn't work out that well after all, then? That's a shame. I do hope you'll have plenty to post soon, be it stitching or otherwise! The progress on the Dollmaker looks awesome, little Frankie on her shoulder is so cute! And happy belated birthday...as you can see, I am VERY behind on blog reading myself.