Weekly Stitching

I got my New Stitchy Start Blog post done on time this month (for once) after spending the week working on Happy Haunts, so I had today free to start the next rotation, Sleepy Hollow Mural. I left off here back in January:
Hollow008
And managed to barely get started on the next page today:
Hollow009
I tried to focus today, but it was a rough week (so what else is new?). At least I just got started on this week's rotation, so Sleepy Hollow has a full week to go.

I finally managed to break my Heartland obsession after my ninth viewing of the first nine seasons (or at least I hope I have, and probably only temporarily...until season 10 comes out on DVD). I broke down Friday night and turned Netflix on and watched Bridget Jones' Baby (which I LOVED!) which put me in an Austen mood. I was too lazy to get up and pick a disc (it was 2 am), so I watched the best parts of North & South on Netflix with the intention of starting Saturday's viewing of the Austens. But, by the time I got up, I had a very clear path...Once Upon A Time. Considering it's just a few more episodes before the end of the season (and possibly the end of the series), I wanted to remember all the best moments of my favorite TV show.

Besides, since we've been having serious storms this past week, I needed a bit of serious fantasy to refocus my brain. My sister's house just barely missed getting hit by a tornado last week. It tore down their fence and damaged a lot of the other houses in their neighborhood, but they got really lucky. And Saturday, me and boys came pretty close to the same fate (although I think my trailer won't fare nearly as well as her brick and rock house). We also got massive flooding around town this weekend, so the drive to work probably won't be too fun tomorrow. The joys of living in the South during tornado season!

Comments

Linda said…
Oh my Keiley. Glad to hear that you and your sister are safe. Great progress on Sleepy Hollow. Do you stitch one color at a time on the page your working on?

Linda
Mii Stitch said…
Do take care of yourself, those tornadoes can make some devastating damages! Glad your sister is fine.
Again, I think you have made great progress despite all the DVD and Netflix binging ;)
As a fairly new "Follower" to your blog, it's always nice to get a peek into other stitchers' projects and what motivates them. We were able to watch Once Upon a Time last night--a few twists and turns, as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your project updates.
Tiffstitch said…
Yikes! Glad you're both okay and hope you make it through tornado season without any significant damage. Love seeing Sleepy Hollow again and hope things go smoother this week.
How scary! The thoughts of a tornado just scares the life out of me! Glad you and your sister are ok! Sleepy Hollow looks so good! And I want to let you know that my boyfriend and I are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Disney World with our boys and I am going to take everything that you have taught us to heart when planning this trip. I am even going back and re-reading your Disney posts so I don't miss anything. I really would have had no idea the planning that was involved if I hadn't found your blog so thank you! xx
Hope you stay safe from the tornados and don't land your trailer on any witches!
Sleepy Hollow is looking good.
I read Bridget's Baby, it's a light hearted read and quite amusing.
Heather said…
Wow crazy about the weather! I don't remember ever seeing sleepy hollow but I love the colors in it. Great job so far!