The dangers of FlossTube

I still haven't started officially kitting up my new starts yet, but I've instead been happily stitching along on Alice and the B's (update to follow when I'm a bit further along). I've been spending a lot of time watching FlossTube, and last night, I was down the current rabbit hole of end of year WIP parades. Someone (and I honestly don't know who it was because I fell asleep watching YouTube, so there are so many videos that played after I fell asleep, I'm not sure which video it was on), but it was a she and she was stitching a HAED that was a Hufflepuff design I was either unaware of, or had forgotten existed. Now, I'm not a Hufflepuff (diehard Ravenclaw, which, I'm sure for those in the know, that's not surprising), I was IMMEDIATELY sucked in and I went looking for the Ravenclaw to see what it looked like. I figured it was gone...most patterns that are a bit too close to certain themes get pulled pretty quickly, but with a bit of digging, I found it and, of course, I fell in immediate true love!

I was careful at first, partly because I've just spent a fortune on supplies for my other new starts, but I was also struggling between the SS/MC version, the regular version, and the mini, so that was slowing me down too. I have officially gone nuts with the SS/MC versions lately, so I decided on the regular version (I didn't think the mini had enough detail) and I put it in my Wishlist (I can count on less than one hand how many times I've ever bought HAEDs at full price, I always wait for sales), so for at least a couple of hours, I was content. And, as per usual, I have thought about nothing since. The hold-off on a purchase lasted maybe half a day?

I found a video of someone doing the mini, and the detail looked pretty good, and considering the coloring, I'm not sure I would want to do a full size, so I just bit the bullet and bought the mini, sale or no sale. Then, I immediately decided it needed to be another new start because I want to start it NOW, so I had to get it kitted up, so off to 1-2-3 Stitch I went for supplies and got those ordered. So hey, looks like there are going to be seven on the docket instead of six! Oh, guess you want to see it, huh? It's called Mini Wisdom by Cherie Gerhardt.

Mini Wisdom_000a

I'm still going to do the Harry Potter Book Covers, so that will be two Potter-themed projects, but it will be fine, right? I'm a bit too much like Veruca Salt for my liking, just a shame my rich father ain't the one helping me get what I want when I want it (how many got that reference...I'm a Wonka purist, I was born in the 70's after all). I'm humming the song already, "I want the works, I want the whole works, presents and prizes and sweets and surprises, of all shapes and sizes...don't care how, I want it now". Yeah, I figure I'll be falling down that bad golden goose tube anytime now!

Comments

Linda said…
Love your new chart Keiley. We can never have enough starts. That way we have lots of options to choose from.

Linda
That's a pretty one, I can see how you got seduced by it!
Astrids dragon said…
Oooh, that is a nice one. I love the blue in it.
That's a fabulous design. Obviously I am a Ravenclaw too. I don't think you can be anything else if you are a bookseller!