Quick update (yeah, right)

Hey, there is a first for everything, right? Frankly, I've been doing nothing but stitching, so there is literally nothing else to report and I'm trying really hard to finish Maleficent by Christmas. I left off on her here last week:

Maleficent0182

And, now that I've made it through the major colors (I'm color completing if you remember), I'm whipping through the colors like wildfire now and she's here (and, believe it or not, there are quite a few different colors in there):

Maleficent0191

Sorry the pictures are blown out, I really miss the quality of a camera...a phone really doesn't cut it, I don't care what people think. I will always be a camera girl. Phones are "cute" for pictures, but they aren't meant for serious photography except by professionals in certain circumstances and a low light, macro situation isn't one of those circumstances. And to be honest, I'm not sure why I stopped using my camera to take these pics. Probably laziness.

I'm also happy to report that I've got less than 8000 stitches to go before she's finished (7906 to be exact)! She's 96.3% completed. On average, I do about 1000 stitches a day (give or take) except, apparently, Mondays. I think, because I stitch over 8 hrs a day on Saturday and Sunday, come Monday when I get home from work, I just don't want to stitch. I try, but I usually stitch less than an hour before I quit. I've done it ever since I started back, so it's enough of a pattern to call it a habit. I always try on Mondays though.

I still haven't decided about new starts yet, or decided where the money is supposed to come from, especially if I start a max color, supersize bookshelf, because I will have to buy new scroll rods for it, which could be super expensive, not including the fabric and threads for such an endeavor. I've been very good about not spending money on anything lately since my HVAC expense, although my desire to shop is constant. It's definitely an addiction.

And that's the update for this week! Definitely a short one for me. I've been trying to read and catch up on blogs, but I was surprised at the number of blogs that haven't been active in years. I commented where I could. A lot of the missing bloggers have probably moved on to FlossTube, but I'm just not ready to do that myself yet. I like blogging and it's "nice" over here. It's a very nasty world in YouTube and I'm had enough of that in real life, I don't need it in the cyber world as well. I still feel so overwhelmed with Jo at Serendipitous Stitching and all her SALs! Maybe one day I'll be back up to snuff enough to be able to join in with her again, but I'm not there yet. Jo is a goddess, for sure!

Comments

Linda said…
Hi Keiley. Awesome progress. She looks great and so close to a finish. I'm lucky to do a couple hundred stitches a day. I just can't sit for that long. What I really want to do is crochet. Than I say nope gonna stitch.

Linda
Astrids dragon said…
Oh wow, so close to a finish. She's going to be amazing!
Great progress, and I already had a sneak peak at instagram to see you reached that goal - amazing!
I agree that it's a shame so many blogs are dropping off the face of the earth. I still like updating mine, even if I'm constantly behind on life but I enjoy having those memories to get back to and see what I was up to any given year!
The Goddess is very far behind in visiting her followers! I think more people have gone to Instagram than FlossTube to be honest. It's quicker to post and easier to get followers too.
Thank you for your lovely words! I try to make my SALs fit any project you are stitching rather than being too rigid but you have to know I'm a planner!