Day 4-The End Of Trips for TWO YEARS (Disney '21)

My final day, I had no doubts as to what my plan was, I was going home. No last minute running into parks, no last minute shopping excursions...nope, my butt was going home! I'd had enough. I did need to get a Saratoga Springs pin and shirt, but with all the construction, that took longer than it should have. But first, a few last parting shots of the resort including my balcony: DSC05059 And outside my balcony (I really need to stop paying extra for a view, because this is was the first time I stepped out here): DSC05061 But hey, time to get back in the Rogue and head back to the main building (because I sure as heck am NOT going to walk it!): DSC05064 The joke was on me though, because they moved it because of the construction (even in the three days since I checked in) and I still had to walk, including up a very painful flight of stairs (but hey, since my knee surgeries, I can't walk up stairs at all, so them where the days, I guess): DSC05065 But I did eventually make it and got my obligatory rug pic: DSC05066 Here's the promised map from the last post...I got off in the peach section and my room was in the red section (leaving you out for scale): DSC05069 And just because people don't really "get" the scale of Disney World, there are four theme parks, two water parks, a double-digit number of hotels and resorts, golfing places, an entire shopping district, and a TON of other things, so it's huge in scale overall...bigger in size than the cities of Manhattan and San Francisco. This resort alone, for example, Saratoga Springs, is tiny in comparsion to other resorts, but the section I was in, the red section, had four buildings, each with over 130 rooms in each building! Think of a typical hotel you would stay in, this resort is made up of sections of hotel buildings, maybe 15 or so in all? Yeah, and Saratoga Springs is SMALL!

DSC05070

I did decide to eat a good breakfast, so I went to the resident restaurant at Saratoga for my Mickey Waffles: DSC05071 DSC05072 The decor was relatively simple, but pretty: DSC05073 But by 10:34 a.m. (and I swear, this is the last time I'll say this, by the EXIF data), I was on my way home! DSC05076 One last look at the "oppression state": DSC05086 And there are only about four more pics after that, this being the very last one taken at 4:36 p.m. (but I won't say why I know that!): DSC05125 And that's it! As some of you know, almost a week after this trip, I would have a nerve test done on my feet and legs and almost killed me, but hey, it started my journey to my knee surgeries, so I'm going to turn a negative into a positive there. And yes, this trip caused a lot of trauma but, in the end, I'm still a Disney girl at heart (and always will be). I needed a long break for a while and now, maybe for a while, I'll take trips elsewhere. I still have to get overseas eventually, after all.

Someday (but not anyday soon), I will wind up in Disney again, but the next Disney trip I take will be to Disneyland, of that much I am sure. My sister and I talked about it, but now, that is scrapped and I'm going alone, again, that is OK. Maybe it's something I need to do alone anyway. If you guys remember, the first and only trip I took to Disneyland didn't end well either, so maybe alone is the best way to handle it anyway.

As far as Florida goes, politicians don't last forever, CEO regimes don't last forever (although who would have thought Iger could screw things up too?), and things for my beloved Disney World will turn around again. I will be back. I am bummed I'm going to miss the 100th celebrations, but I did buy some 100th merch (I couldn't quit Disney altogether you know!), and I'm OK with that. I'm excited for the future and, for the first time in a very long time...happy and content with my life. I've made some pretty drastic changes and things are significantly different now (with more changes to come), but all of them have been for the better. After all, isn't what life should be...a neverending series of attempts at improvements? That's what mine has been, anyway.

But that's it for now. I might update my Disney Reviews page somtimes soon. So thanks guys and I'll keep trying to hang in there!

Comments

Linda said…
Hi Keiley. First off your breakfast looks yummy. Looking at the map, I know I could not go there without an electric cart. I always say, remember the good times and not the bad. I haven't been to Disneyland since 2001 but I still have great memories.

Linda
Gee, by this point it really seems that the only good thing about this trip was the food (not if we are not counting 'too much cake' as a bad thing, at least!). I'm glad you are at a better place with your life now, and hope you'll soon get back to a state where Disney can be something joyful for you.
Happy to hear some good came out of all that bad. I've never been to any Disney park so I knew that I didn't have a grasp at all on the size. That resort was huge! Now I have even less of a grasp on the size. Just can't wrap my mind around how big it actually must be.