Disney Trip Update

This is still happening folks! I've added an extra day to my Disney resort, cancelled the Ocala hotel, added an extra night for the boys at the vet, added park days every single day of my trip, booked my one dining reservation (although I'm holding out for the new space-themed restaurant in Epcot that just opened up this week, but isn't taking reservations until this weekend, so I might end up with two), and I'm debating now which cake to preorder myself from Amorette's!

And yes, I also bought my annual pass. If I meet my Sister during her October trip, and we decide to go together in February, that pass will have paid for itself, so I'm not too worried about that. I did have to pick my brain a bit (as well as my therapist's), trying to decide the REAL reason why I wanted the annual pass...was it for the reason I just described? Was it also for the discounts (20% off of purchases and meals)? Was it for the special pins and other things you can buy with it that are passholder exclusives? Or was it just because my Sister has one (that is kind of a thing with me...I do have that bit of a jealous streak sometimes). It's probably all of the above over one or the other.

The plan is to leave at 7-8 pm and drive straight there, getting me there about 8-9 am, which is too early to check in, but I can go ahead and get my pass and take care of the paperwork (there will invariably be issues, this is me we're talking about here), and then head straight to my first park, until my room is ready. Bell services will hold my bags even before check in, although it's not going to be that hot that week, so I could just leave everything in the car since I have one of those slidy covers in the back of my trunk (gotta love an SUV). Since my first park is Animal Kingdom and it closes kind of early anyway, so I can go to bed early to make up for being awake for over 36 hours by that point. If my room is ready really early, maybe I can get a nap in, and then go back to the park and still manage to spend some time in Disney Springs, since it stays open late.

Yesterday I went to Target...inside (with my Sister, of course, I needed a chaperone). I knew I would have to go in to look at specific items. That's the first time I've stepped foot in a store in over two and a half years. Of course, here was an "incident" checking out that almost caused me to lose it, but I can't say I was surprised. I tried to wait on her to finish (she had an episode too, but she handled hers fine), but I just couldn't stand there any longer and I was about to snap, so since we took separate vehicles, I bolted. She didn't give it a second thought, I cried half the night. People (including my Sister) don't understand that things like this are why I have PTSD about going back to places. Go somewhere, something bad happens, never want to go back (and yes, I understand "bad" is relative...what is a blip to someone else, might be tragic to me, welcome to the wonderful world of Autistic Spectrum Disorder).

And, of course, there are things I HAVE to get done, like packing, battery charging, gathering items, even taking pictures of my stuff so I don't buy repeat items...but I've done NONE of it! I go home with good intentions, but I just turn on the TV and zone out. I started watching Disney movies I'm behind on, but that lasted five minutes. The first night I watched Frozen II (sucked), Onward (sucked, but not nearly as bad), and Raya and the Last Dragon (that was actually pretty good). The next night, nothing. The next night after that, I watched the live action Mulan, and I actually loved it! I don't see what all the negative fuss was about. Of all the live action movies I've seen (other than Lion King and Jungle Book, which both rocked), I think it was my favorite of the people live action. Last night I was going to watch Cruella, Soul and Luca (part of which I was going to watch after Mulan, but I ended up watching A Discovery of Witches again after Mulan and watched Witches again last night instead of anything Disney, another night bites the dust). I refuse to watch Maleficent 2 or the new Pete's Dragon and I don't own the new Mary Poppins yet, so that one is out. But what's left should catch me up.

Today, I did pull out the old GoPro to remove the vids from my last road trip, but, as per usual, one of the cards was corrupted, so I've lost a ton of footage. I tried everything to get it off, even downloading a card restorer, but even that didn't work. I don't know how much of that trip I lost (the one where I went through a bunch of Arkansas State parks), but that's what I get for leaving the card in the camera for months and definitely NOT using the stupid GoPro cloud service that I paid for! Lesson learned! I think that's why I prefer my camera and photos. I'm probably jinxing myself here, but I can't say I've ever had a camera card corrupted (or corrupted so much it couldn't be salvaged). These video cams just suck.

I'm not sure if I'll post again before Disney, but I'll definitely be posting after Disney! You guys know me, it will probably be hijinx galore with me! There is no telling how much trouble I will end up getting into. Stay tuned! And, I'll probably be posting a lot on my Instagram, so watch out for that too. I can't believe I'm going to Disney World completely unprepared for only four and a half days. I have lost my mind!

Comments

I am so looking forward to hearing all about this trip!! Have as much fun as humanly possible!
That sounds like an awesome trip and a well-deserved time away from everything else in your life! I hope you have a great time and that everything goes well.
Oh my goodness, this is so exciting! Hope it all goes well and we get to see lots of photos soon.
Who knows, spontaneous could be your new middle name!