I've been baaaad!

When it comes to spending money lately, I've been an angel. Every dime I make has been going on paying down my credit cards. But today, I slipped...bad. There is only one Once Upon A Time Funko I don't have, the Regina SDCC 2015 Funko. Obviously, I've never been to Comic Con, reason #1 why I don't have that particular Funko, but I've been following it on eBay for years. At first, it was in the $200 range, but there was NO WAY I was going to pay that much for a Funko, which is reason #2! Over the years, it's only increased in value, so I just decided it wasn't worth paying that much for a piece of plastic.

My most valuable Funko hops back and forth between an Ursula one and Lotso, but neither breaks the $250 barrier. Obviously, you guys know me...I don't collect things for their value, but Funko does have a cool app, so I do like that I can keep track of what Funkos I have and their current value. I wish every major collectible did that. I'm never gonna sell them, but I like that I know what their worth anyway.

Today, on a whim, I was scouring eBay for Once Upon A Time collectibles, and I saw that SDCC Funko for $451. Of course, as per usual, I was like "No way! That's WAY too high!", but this time, I saw a caveat...PayPal credit telling me I could pay just $46 per month on it. I have a weakness for credit. I got my first credit card at 16 and have had issues ever since. Before I knew what I was doing, three clicks in I had applied and gotten approved. Yes, the interest rate is high, but as long as I pay it off in 6 months, it's interest free. But, once shipping and taxes were added, it ended up being $541 something, which seems high, like they did actually add the interest, but honestly, I still don't care.

"Hi, my name is Keebs and I'm addicted to credit.". Sad, but true. I will pay it off in a couple of months, no doubt, but that also takes away from the credit card I was paying down, meaning I'm that much further from getting my house, all because of a Funko. I should feel bad, but honestly, I don't! I wanted it and I got it. Is that my obsession with stuff talking? Is that my Asperness? Is that my OCD? Why don't I feel guilty over spending that money on something so stupid? Even as I type those words, "something so stupid"...I don't really even mean them. That's my neurotypical conditioning telling me that's what I'm "suppposed" to say. I don't really feel it was stupid at all. Granted, there might be a logical side telling me it was stupid, but I don't listen much to that side.

Now, where the logical side might have a point is that it will sit on a shelf, never to be touched, rarely looked at, and probably somewhat forgotten. It will keep me from getting a better camera for the YouTube videos that I'm trying to create (or maybe it won't...I may have another "whim" day). And, like I mentioned, that's less money paid down on a credit card. I only have three left to pay off out of eight. But at the same time, I'm already thinking about the two Winter Soldier Funkos I also wasn't willing to pay for because I thought they were too expensive, that, once I get this one paid off, I now have the means to get them too! UGH! I have created a monster! And, honestly, it did cross my mind to just go ahead and get those two Winter Soldier Funkos now and pay them all off at once. That would be REALLY bad. Things like that are how I got in debt in the first place. Guess I know the subject of next week's therapy session!

What about you guys...how good are you at controlling yourself? Do you randomly have splurges or is it more small splurges on the regular? Or, are you total control masters with your money? I have control issues across the board, so this isn't new, but I do think I've been depriving myself for a bit too long. Maybe it won't start a chain reaction (fingers crossed)!

Comments