Sporadic, but still stitching

Well, I haven't stitched in a couple of weeks...life isn't being very nice. I left off here last time: Maleficent153

And, I just started back this weekend, and made it here:

Maleficent160

Again, not a lot of progress, but I'm trying not to post unless I have something positive to talk about, and lately, positivity hasn't been part of my atmosphere. It's just how it is.

I do have a "weird" story...so I keep getting these REALLY annoying emails from my high school graduating class leaders wanting my social media account information so that all my classmates can get in touch with me because "I'm missed" (their words, not mine). Where this is "weird" is because, when I was in high school, I was NOT popular, I did NOT have barely, if any friends, and it was part of the worst part of my life. I have never looked back. I don't go to reunions and I don't see the point in reconnecting with these people who didn't care about me then and, it's pretty safe to assume, don't care about me now. If they do, it's because of who my Sister is married to, and has NOTHING to do with me. To be honest, I also don't see the point in rehashing old memories. I also didn't care about those people then or now.

I wish I could say that they are spam email, but they are not. I've blocked them from one email account, but I recently got another notification from another email account that I had given to someone that had been a "sort of" friend in high school and we tried to reconnect, but it didn't work. I am assuming here, and you know what they say about people who assume, but they had to have gotten that email addy from her. It's not a public address.

At first I tried to just ignore them, but they got more and more insistent, hence the blockage, but now they are treading on personal territory. Most of you guys know, my ONLY social media account is this one. Yes, I have an Instagram acccount, but I don't post on it, I just use it to see the posts of the famous people I follow (beause I got tired of entering the code to block the pop-up page that keeps you from scrolling through). I will NEVER have a Facebook account again (and yes, I know FB owns Instagram, hence my own lack of posting), but I'm not about to let the people who tortured me for 12+ years have access to my own private world that is my blog.

Any thoughts? Have you guys eperienced this? Do you have an adversion to all things high school or do you embrace it? I can't and won't, but still, I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Comments

Linda said…
I still say you always make awesome progress when you stitch Keiley. I was sorta the middle group in high school. I never had a date or was ever invited to a dance. I'm okay with it. I had my friends in school.

Linda
TimeforTea said…
I had friends in school but I was never popular. I wouldn't really want to reunite with those who I aren't already in contact with.
I had plenty of casual friends in High School, I was usually the second choice if their best friend was off or not in that class!
But most of my friends were from outside school, the local rock club was were I met most of the people I hung out with more than School.
I do think this High School Reunion thing is very American, British people tend to move on and make new friends when they go to Uni or start work.
Funnily enough, three of the friends I have known the longest were my ex husband's friends and I seem to have kept them when we divorced LOL

If these people persist in bothering you, start using their emails to sign up for various websites, send them some spam!!
I always love to see your stitching!
I don't really am in contact with anyone from highschool either. Most people didn't care for me, and I didn't care for them, if it was that civil. We do have a fb group and I went to one "reunion" (it was about two or three years after graduation), but I don't think anything has been organized since, or if it was, I've never been invited. A couople people I tried to stay in contact with, but obviously it wasn't that important to either of us, because it just tethered out.
Ok first, gorgeous progress! Second, I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to talk to those people. I myself am at a point in my life where I don't need or want to make new friends. Too much work. If you need to make this a private blog so they can't find you make sure you send me an invite!