Still having trouble stitching

I think I'm going to move on from Sleepy Hollow this week. I just don't have the motivation to work on it. I think it's partially work's fault...I get home and I'm just too worn out to do anything but watch TV and zone out, but still, I think that Sleepy Hollow just isn't the right project for me right now. I can't really tell that it's even moving, although I only worked on it two days (and barely even that because I kept getting distracted). Here is where I left off last week:
Hollow029
And, now that they are side-by-side, I can see it moved a bit, which makes me feel a bit better, but not enough to keep on it:
Hollow031
And, for the record, it is kind of hard to stitch on this long frame with this little monkey in his usual position underneath me...on the old frame with the shorter scroll rods, it's not a problem, but he gives me the evil eye when I elbow him in the head a lot!
Untitled
I think the confetti is just wearing me out. I'm not sure where I'm going to next. I need to work on something that I haven't worked on in a while to keep up the rotation, but the pickins are gettin slim. I think all I have left are Hook (black and white hell), Suteki (more confetti hell) and Faces 167 (which is 32ct and, considering the state of my eyes right now, I'm not sure that's the best way to go either). But no more new projects until I finish one and I don't want to restart the rotation until I move through them all. I think I'm leaning toward Hook...we'll see.

Technically, I do still have Tartan B, A Summer Ball (the project I hate the most) and Disney's 35th Anniversary (which is still hilarious considering Disney World is coming up on it's 50th now), waiting in the wings, but I doubt those projects will ever get touched again or, if they do, it won't be for more than the 5 minute intervals that they get every couple of years. I just HATE them SOOOO much! Tartan B is SOOO tiny, I should have finished it in like two hours, why it's taken me years I have NO CLUE! A Summer Ball is going to look fabulous when finished, but I despise it SOOO much, all those partial stitches that HAEDs have spoiled me against, I just can't imagine going back to it. And poor 35th Anniversary. That project is doomed simply because of the dark fabric and my bad eyes. I do use a lightbox when I stitch it, but that in itself kills my eyes and gives me a headache. I'm not really a fan of inducing a headache if I can help it. Had to learn that lesson the hard way I guess.

Speaking of disliking things, what do you guys think of the changes to Blogger? I worked with it for about two hours a couple of posts ago before I switched back to Classic. Either they don't have the bugs worked out, I'm just stupid (although I'm gonna give myself the benefit of the doubt on that one), or it just sucks! I like the look of it visually, it's just not good in practical use. I hope they get it ironed out before they decide to do away with Classic! I haven't played with it since, so if it's gotten better, or if it does, let me know (or if you guys have figured out the trick to it where it's not mixing in the HTML code, I'd love to know!).

Comments

Linda said…
Your little monkey is so cute Keiley. I still think you made good progress. What about the Disney piece I think is from DoNa stitch. That would be easy to work on.

Linda
I haven't made a post on blogger in so long! I really should get back to it. Hopefully it hasn't changed so much that I won't be able to use it. I love Sleepy Hollow but that confetti must be awful. You should just do your 5 min on each of those projects you don't want to work on then get back to something you would like to stitch on :)
Oh, what a dilemma! This is where I would pick up a small.
I haven't tried the new Blogger. I do not like change.
Shame you're not enjoying working on Sleepy Hollow after all the work of setting it up properly! If I understand your rotation correctly, though, you could pick up each of the remaining designs for a day or so, just to say you worked on them, then move on to something you actually enjoy?
Tiffstitch said…
I had the new Blogger for a while, but I switched back as well. It seemed more difficult, you couldn't get to old posts as easily, etc. I love this one, but I also understand where it's not there mentally after work wrings you out day after day.