I did it!

Well, I don't have a Books vs Movies post this week because I went to the coast this week...by MYSELF!! It's the first time I've done that since my "hospital" stay and I had the best time ever! I went to Port St. Joe and down to Cape San Blas.

It was also the last so-called port of call of the Gulf that I've not been to. From Bay St. Louis to Alligator Point, there is no where else on the Gulf coast plate that I can go via car that I haven't already been to at least once in my life. That's both sad and rather gratifying. I guess, since some of those places I went as a kid with adults might not count (like Alligator Point), I could revisit as an adult alone, but still, the entire gulf has been covered now. I will say, Cape San Blas is now my new favorite place though. It was beautiful and serene and I felt more peaceful there than I have in a very long time, so maybe I've finally found that perfect "get away".

Pictures will follow (whenever I get around to getting them edited and uploaded), but needless to say, I stayed there for three hours walking the beach, picking up shells, and just generally enjoying life, something I don't do enough.

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting back to being me again...which I guess is good, considering that this is my last real week before school starts next week!

Comments

Linda said…
Good luck with school Keiley. I know you'll do great. Looking forwArd to seeing your beach pics.

Linda
That's quite an achievement visiting every place along the coast. I know how much the ocean and beaches mean to you.
Bethan said…
That's awesome visiting every place along the coast. I think the ones you visited as a kid count! Good luck with the start of school; you'll do great x
That's great too hear, and maybe it was just what you needed right now! Is it really just one more week until classes start? How time flies...
So happy to hear you went to the beach! There is something to soothing and calming about listening to the waves hit the beach :)