Obsessions - A Postscript

Obviously, I haven't even come close to running the course of this particular obsession yet (dag-nab-it). In an effort to change things up so that I'm not repeating the same behaviors (at least I have given up on looking for the ticket stubs...they will surface again, probably during the next wave), this weekend I watched the movies in French, watched the DVD's with all the special features including the commentary (which I HATE because I can't stand talking over a movie, but then I decided that my new TV is too good for DVDs, so I ended up ordering the Blu-Rays, thus, spending more money...again), and I started reading the books out loud. Funnily enough, I can read all six in a day easily, but out loud, I barely made it through the first three (and by three, I'm counting Midnight Sun in there, so basically two and a half). I found that interesting.

I used to read Austen out loud to Zander all the time because either he loved my horrible fake British accent, or he just loved hearing his mommie talk. But when he passed, I never did that again with Zach or Bam or Bugs. It was a Zander and me thing. But Bam, who is remarkably like Zander in a lot of ways, sat there like a child listening to their favorite book, eyes wide the entire time! Today, my throat is actually sore, but I have the feeling I won't be able to not finish reading them to him now. I even caught myself doing voice inflections and accents for characters, which would make him tilt his head like he understood. Bugs was unimpressed and slept through it all. I'm sure Bam just likes to hear me talk, but that stupid obsessive part of me wants to think I've created a Twilight fan out of my dog. Yep...I'm completely bonkers!

Oh, and yes, I found some cross stitch patterns of Twilight and a Supernatural one (and bought them...more money gone) from WitchyKitt Designs, so maybe I'll start stitching again! I still need to get thread for my Snow and Charming piece, so I'll pick one of these to start too...maybe (probably the half-faced Edward one, if I had to guess):
Twilight 6
Twilight 4
Twilight 3
Twilight 1
Supernatural 2

Comments

Well, if your obsession leads back to cross stitch, I totally approve! I think half-face Edward would be my choice as well, or maybe the last one of the group pictures. I think I'm not so fond of the Supernatural pattern...maybe it's me, but it looks like the faces are all from different angles, and that's driving me bonkers just looking at it!
Linda said…
Love the idea of you reading to Bam. Would love to see it. I sure hope your stitchy bug comes back soonn Keiley.

Linda
I love that you are reading to Bam! And the half face Edward one will look awesome stitched! Can't wait to see you start it :)