Top 5 Tuesdays - Stitchy Sites

I am so far behind on Top 5 Tuesdays that I'm just going to start anew instead of trying to back track. This is a really good topic this week as it can go in any direction and I'm curious to see what everyone else came up with! Don't forget to check out Kate's blog for the list (and the links to Emma, Tiff, Laura and anyone else who wants to join in).

1. Heaven and Earth Designs
I have a ton of HAED stash (more than a lifetime's worth) and they chart my favorite artist of the moment, Jasmine Becket-Griffith. Granted, I have had major issue with their designing change to all dithered patterns (especially with the JBGs...I feel it makes them look "spotty"), but I still can't quit them.

2. Etsy
Not a day goes by that I don't do a search for "Disney cross stitch patterns". I have found some great designers on Etsy (as well as some bad ones...sometimes you just don't know what you've got until it's too late). Part of me knows there are probably some copyright issues with some of the patterns, but I tend to have blinders on when it comes to all things Disney. It's also a great place to get needle minders and other cross stitch supplies.

3. 123 Stitch
I HATE HATE HATE Hobby Lobby, but when I'm in a hurry for supplies, it's all we have here. But when I'm not in a hurry and I want something specific like fabric, there is no better site than 123 Stitch! I haven't bought many patterns from there, but I think I've probably bought everything else cross stitch.

4. The Heaven and Earth Designs Forum
I'm not a big fan of forums...too many years on Disney forums will sour anyone against them, but I like the HAED forums because I like to see how and what everyone else is stitching. I'm not good at commenting, even on my own posts, but I still visit it a lot and, since I'm not on Facebook, it's the only way I have to see what is happening in the HAED world. Sorry I couldn't link it...it's a private forum that is invitation only (but it's not hard to get invited, you just have to ask).

5. All my Bloggy cross stitch friends!
You guys not only keep me motivated, but I LOVE seeing what everyone else is working on and the different styles and techniques that people use. I have learned SOOO much since blogging because of all of you and I can't imagine that will ever change. Again, I'm a horrible commenter sometimes, but I am always watching and lurking. I have also formed some really fantastic friendships through blogging, more than I could name, but hopefully you guys know who you are and, if I haven't said it, I owe you guys a world of thanks for all your support both cross stitch-wise and personal-wise. I'm definitely sure I couldn't stitch as much or as well as I do now without y'all. I haven't regretted a single moment of starting this blog and dropping out of Facebook because this is the world that I belong in with all of you! And who knows, once I get my house built, maybe the next place for me might just be FlossTube (although I'm definitely not ready for that yet!).

Oh, and just as an aside...wish hard enough and it will come true...I got my Captain Hook pattern from Tilton Crafts this morning:
Once-Upon-A-Time-Captain-Hook
If only there was a Charming to go with it, my life would be complete, but alas, Daniel Kordek hasn't done a Charming (yet). They also have Graham, August and Jefferson, but I'm not sure I want those, especially without Charming.

Comments

I will definitely check out Tilton Crafts and the Once Upon a Time charts. There are so many fun Disney cross stitch designs these days thanks to sites like Etsy. I really, really wish there were more hours in a day to work on them. I just noticed your hidden Mickey wallpaper on your blog and your picture of Cinderella's castle in your header. I definitely think we must be long lost cousins or some such. --Andrea, Your Disney Cross-Stitching Friend
Linda said…
I've shopped all those places too Keiley. Love your new chart.

Linda
Tiffstitch said…
Great choice, that's a really awesome chart as well. Excellent list as well!
A Keeble flosstube channel!!! I would love that :) And great list!
Good choices. I'm glad to see that blogs feature in your list.