Granted, it still isn't great, but I did get some work done this week. I left off on The Bride Dollmaker last week with just a few minutes work:
I clocked out tonight at just 8 hours, most of which was done today:
I won't say that my stitchy bug is back, but I'm just trying my damnedest to get back to normal, even if I have to force it until it becomes routine again.
I will say though, I absolutely LOVE the thread that came with this kit! It's just supposed to be plain old DMC, but it's unlike any DMC I've ever used! It's so clean and solid and even. I also like the fact that the symbols are not just "standard" symbols. I haven't had issue with misreading symbols because there isn't a left arrow right next to a right arrow or an L right next to a backward L. These symbols are more like skull and crossbones, bombs, crosses, and airplanes.
This was also the first weekend that I have spent two full days at home in almost six weeks. Part of me really wanted to get up Saturday and drive to the coast. My car is in good shape now, but I doubt it will be if I keep driving a 1000 per week. I've got to find another outlet. I've got two years before my car is paid off, so I've got to make it last. Maybe one trip a month or something.
This week's F-U to the parent's pic comes with a side notation...I thought about giving her a name and the brilliant Jo jumped in with the almost perfect answer of Wilhelmina, which made me think of Wistermina, since she is, afterall, a Wisteria and I think that's the name that's sticking.
You will notice that the poor lilacs have almost been smothered. Part of me feels sorry for them, but apparently not sorry enough to stop watering them, which I'm sure that Wistermina is stealing anyway.