Weekly Stitching (Finally)

First of all, I probably should apologize for the rant from Monday morning, but I'm not going to. I'm just as mad now as I was Saturday. I will however concede that mentioning parts of my childhood that I have not yet discussed on my blog was probably not wise. Yes, I had a very horrible childhood in more ways than one, but I dealt with it in general and moved past it. It's the reasons why it happened in the first place that I can't get past and when that can of worms gets opened, sometimes through the most random of means, Greek fire rains from the skies and it literally takes divine intervention to make it stop. As of now, fires are still ranging out of control. But that is a whole other story for another day and I'm here to show some stitching progress now!

I left off on Suteki here last week:
suteki028
And due to the fact that I lost my two best stitching days between Saturday and Sunday, I only made it this far:
suteki032
Every ounce of responsibility in me is screaming that I need to go back to Happy Haunts and at least get something done before the end of the month for the New Stitchy Start Blog, but my heart just isn't in it. Frankly, right now, my heart just isn't in anything. I debated on continuing with Suteki for another week (to at least make up for the missed weekend), but now I can't look at it without thinking about the missed weekend.

Maybe I just shouldn't stitch at all tonight and see where I am tomorrow. If they killed my stitchy bug along with my tree...well, I better not put it in writing in case it could be used against me in a court of law!

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
I'm so sorry about the whole situation and yes dammit, the fact they messed up your usual weekend of stitching is on them too! You don't have to finish anything by the end of the week, you need to play with the pups and listen to Duran Duran and watch some British TV.
Justine said…
There's still visible progress there, this one is really coming along!
Heather said…
It's looking great! I can't believe they killed your tree. I'm glad you let them know how you feel. And that it was so not okay. And even more so that you're unapologetic. That's why we have our blogs is to talk about whatever we want :)
You don't need to apologize for anything! This should be a place where you can get whatever off your chest you want. It is your blog and we all love you :) Suteki look super! It may not be as much progress as you wanted but it is still progress. I think you should pick the project you most want to stitch on right now and stitch it for a week, don't worry about what you should or shouldn't be stitching on.
Linda said…
No need for apologies Keiley. You still got some great progress done this week.

Linda
Mii Stitch said…
No need to apologize, it is your space and feel free to rant if you need to :) Shame all this malarkey has affected your stitching. You still made progress despite what is going on. I hope your stitching mojo is still there. Perhaps you should work on something new, it could feel like a new positive start. I love the voodoo doll one!! Hint!! ;)
You are absolutely entitled to rant if you want to.
We can still see the progress on Sutecki and I can see how much you usually get done during a weekend.
Suteki is beautiful! I see an amazing amount of progress in what looks to be a high confetti part of the design, so well done, you!!!
It's your blog, my darling, rant away. It's healthy to get these things out, so let it rip.
Coming over here from the blogger of the week because I wanted so see and read more about you and your stitching - I agree with my pre-posters, you are entiteld to rant her in your space all you want, especially for what your parents did - killing a living thing, and be it 'only' a plant, is something that can never be undone, and there for, should never, ever be done without good thought and permission of the owner of that plant! I understand how something like this can make old frustrations bubble back to the top as well. For now, let me just end by saying that your stitching is marvelous, and I hope you'll find some more time to progress this week, if you feel like it.
Hope you find your stitchy bug and happy place. We all heal in different ways. Just know that you have friends here. I hope you get your stitchy bug back quickly. --Andrea