Small Stash Haul and an R.I.P.

I didn't go nuts this payday...after all, I do have credit cards to pay off and a house to build (or so the plan goes), but I did add a few new charts to my stash from a new designer I just found on Etsy called Kentima by Konna. I really love her stuff and she's incredibly nice...we've had several conversations already about charts, poems, horror borders, and just general geekiness! Oh, and another thing I like about her charts is that they come in both black and white backgrounds. Me personally, I prefer the white, but if I change my mind, I do have options!

I am determined to either find the perfect "We Are Geek" stitch project for me or I'm going to chart my own (which is probably what is going to end up happening) and we even discussed my plans on that. She has one, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I have a very specific idea of what I want, I'm just not sure how to implement it just yet. The closest one to what I'm looking for is the Paine Free Crafts one, but even it either has lines that don't fit or lines that are missing, so alas, the hunt continues.

But without further ado, the stash...where would I be without my Horror Movie Fridays, so I figured this would be apropos for my new house (if it ever comes to fruition):
In This House Horror
And, although I'm not much on poetry, this Robert Frost poem has always struck a bit of a cord with me, especially now and I was a bit shocked to see it in cross stitch form (since I never have before):
Desert Places
But my main reason for purchasing from her was this beauty...I have FINALLY found the perfect project for my office at work!
Warning This Is Proof
Wish it was enough to keep people from bothering me, but alas, I'm sure it won't be. Might make a couple of them think twice though...that in itself makes it worth it! I think I'm going to see if I can do the entire thing this weekend (or maybe next...I really should work on Happy Haunts).

On a complete 360...Simon Le Bon's mother died the other day. I'm not sure why, but I feel more for his family's loss than I do for my own family's over the loss of my grandmother. There is a lot of love in the Le Bon family and not so much in mine...maybe that's why. So R.I.P. Ann Marie, your family will miss you terribly and I am eternally grateful for your son, which means it's time for a video dedication.

I chose the Big Thing Live version of Do You Believe In Shame because well, the actual official video kind of sucks and I much prefer the live version...the Big Thing concert is one of my favorites anyway although somewhat unknown. It was during a time that was not only very difficult in my life, but also difficult for the Durans...they were fighting to keep themselves and their record deal together, John was pretty strung out on drugs at the time (obviously, just look at him, I believe the phrase was heroin chic), their record sales were the worst they had ever been (and would be for a few more years yet until the Wedding album) and yet their song quality never really dropped at all, just the production value (I blame Warren, but that's another story for another day). But it kept me together emotionally at the time because if they could deal with all their struggles both internal and external, surely I could keep my tiny little insignificant crap life together and I did (although I'm still not sure why, especially right now). Just remember, it was the very late 80's and styles were a bit up in the air at the time. But it is one of the best dedication songs to friends and family lost IMO, so it's why I picked it.

Comments

Justine said…
Love the 10,000 stabs piece! I hope your colleagues take note...
Those are all fun designs, but that 10,000 stabs piece can be truly appreciated by any stitcher. It made. --Andrea
Well, that was a rabbit hole you sent me down!

I love those designs. My favourites were the Alice Curiouser and Curiouser; We are Made of Starstuff; We speak books/songs/movies fluently and the Monty Python Taunt you a second time.

So many great choices. You should ask her to chart some Duran lyrics for you.
Vickie said…
I love your new stash! Mainly the stabbing one...I need that for my high school days