I tried really hard to work on Snow White this week, but my mind was drifting elsewhere (more on that in a minute). I left off here on Sunday:
and after two days stopped here:
The main reason for my distraction was my extreme desire to start working on Lilo and Stitch Otherwise:
After a mere 20 hours of work, I not only got the first page done, but got a chunk of the second page done as well. There are already visible items showing like the window and Lilo's head, making it even more worthwhile:
I'm doing it on 28ct Oatmeal Monaco and it's going to be small, about 7x10, but I'm OK with that because, at my current rate, if I work on this a lot, I could be done in as little as a couple of months. I knew that all that white would be a pain on white fabric, so I went with oatmeal thinking the white would pop right out...it didn't, but I guess I can live with it. I'm sure that the framing will fix that.
This project is turning out to be WAY more enjoyable that I thought it would be. I was dreading the colored pattern and my fears were realized a bit when my PDF readers couldn't recognize the symbols to mark them, but I guess I picked the right color of twist-up crayon because I'm having no issue marking the done bits on the paper. I was also dreading the fact that the legend was not in numerical order, but I put the threads in numerical order in the box and it's still the same to pull the right color (it sure was a pain to shop for them though). Overall though, I'm very impressed with Neni Designs' charts and now I want to start more!
I did learn a very important lesson about the needle minders I made...be wary of cheap magnets. The magnets aren't strong enough to hold themselves together, so every time I turned the project over, the needle minder would fall apart, so back to my old one I went. I will get new magnets and try again, hopefully the glue will come off so I can use the same pins and not have to throw them out. Lesson learned!
I also bought one new stash item this week (thankfully, only one, but I've been watching Neni and she's adding more Disney charts every day, so come next payday, they WILL be mine!).
This one is from Frogwood Manor, a seller I've bought from before, but never stitched (actually, it was one of the first patterns I ever bought on Etsy, the Tangled "flower"). I've seen a FlossTuber stitching this though, and it looks really good. Normally, I have issues with modern "adaptations" of Disney characters (don't get me started on the whole "Skinny Minnie" kick), but I liked these dolls when they came out (and definitely the villain ones). But there was no way I could afford them then (and certainly not now since they were collector's items), so this is the closest I can get to having the actual dolls.
Overall, despite the setbacks of switching projects and work interferences, it was a good stitch week I think! I should have more reviews up this coming week as well, so look out for those!