Disney Reviews Special Edition #7 - F&G Festival Food

The food pictures should be easier (and lighter) than the topiary posts simply because I'm the primary food picture-taker, so I don't have to scour through two separate albums this time!

If there is one thing I love to do, it's hit the food booths at the Food and Wine Festival and I was hoping that the Flower and Garden Festival food booths would be just as good (if not better). Having just gotten back from Disneyland in California last October and being slightly disgruntled at the food there, my hopes might have been higher than usual for Disney World.

Although the F&G food booths were good, none were as outstanding as the F&W booths typically are, but that could be because of the quantity of choices. Whereas the F&W Festival has an average of 40 or so booths, the F&G Festival only had 13, so there isn't as many options and we all know what a picky eater I am. For a complete listing of this year's booths, check out The Disney Food Blog, one of my favorite Disney sites for food info.

Like the F&W Festival, the F&G Festival hands out free little "passports" that you can get stamped at every food and garden visit. It's the best way to keep up with what you ate where. These pictures are going to go in order of my stamps rather than in order of how we ate them. And this was also over a 6-day period, so no need to worry about the quantity!

URBAN FARM EATS
I had the Vegetable and White Bean "Naanwich" with Arugula Pesto and Oven-dried Tomatoes featuring Seeds of Change Quinoa, Brown and Red Rice:
2016(03)-0298
and the Avive Natural Peach Sparkling Wine
2016(03)-3490
Amber had the Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragout, Spring Vegetables and Marbled Potatoes
2016(03)-0297

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE
Am had the Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade
2016(03)-3164

LA ISLA FRESCA
I had the Jerk-spice Chicken with Mango Salsa, Chayote and Green Papaya Slaw with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
2016(03)-3161
Am had the Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro
2016(03)-3162

JARDIN DE FIESTAS
I had the Tacos de Camaron with Tempura Shrimp served with Hibiscus Flower, Caramelized Onions and Habanero Sauce, but I'm not sure if Amber had the same since I have no second picture
2016(03)-3171

PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
Am and I both had the Mezze Lune Primavera with Egg Pasta stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach in a Creamy Sauce with Spring Vegetables and Pecorino Cheese (and I'm leaving off Am's pic...it's the same thing)
2016(03)-3359
And I also had the Cremoso al Pistachhio which had Pistachio Cream, Strawberries and Mascarpone Cream
2016(03)-3360

THE SMOKEHOUSE: BARBECUE AND BREWS
I had the Pulled Pig Slider with Crispy Onions and Coleslaw, but I forgot to take a picture. There was a massive snafu during ordering because the booth was closing and they didn't have enough food to sell to those already in line (myself included) so we had to wait till more came and then the fireworks started and I just forgot.

FLORIDA FRESH
I skipped this both, but Am had a glass of Watermelon Juice (non-alcoholic), which was nothing but squeezed watermelon juice (I'm not a watermelon fan-again...how I am a card-carrying Southern Belle?)
2016(03)-3424

FLEUR DE LYS
I had the Macaron Chocolat Framboise (basically a Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam)
2016(03)-0362
And the Ice Pop Grand Marnier Peach Cocktail
2016(03)-0365
Which caused a lot of laughs because Amber thought I was eating it funny...how else are you eat a push-up pop when you have sensitive teeth and can't bite directly into it?
2016(03)a-0159
Am had the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush (Grey Groose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liquor, White and Red Cranberry Juice)
2016(03)-0358

CIDER HOUSE
I'm a little sketchy on which cider Amber had, It was either the Black Cherry Hard Cider or the Mad Man Blueberry Hard Cider (I think), but I'm just not sure. Either way, it was pretty gross
2016(03)-3443
Overall, I think the macaron and pork sliders were my favorite, but there wasn't one item I had to throw away (unlike the F&W Festival), so I guess it's safe to conclude that the F&G booths were a success! I still prefer the Food & Wine Festival food-wise simply because there is a wider range of choices, but combined with the topiaries and the lack of drunks at the Flower & Garden, I would say that the Flower & Garden Festival is now my favorite time of year to visit Disney...well, it would be if it was also Halloween time that is, but alas, I doubt I could get Disney, let alone the rest of the world, to celebrate Halloween in March-May!

Comments

Bea said…
Oh dear, I should not have read this just before starting supper. Now I want to eat a whole lot of things I don't have! lol Does sound like an overall success though.
Linda said…
You think your a picky eater. I didn't see anything in your pics that I would really care to eat. As I said, give me a hamburger or hot dog.

Linda
Tiffstitch said…
That sounds like a great time to partake in food exhibits, yum!
Heather said…
I'd celebrate 2 halloweens! Those all looked great!