April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "Z" x 2

Z
Thank goodness it is finally over! This has been my most exhausting challenge ever and the hardest one I've ever done. I think next year will take me on an entirely different path (although, I'm pretty sure it will be Disney related). I think my little break in between actually made matters worse because I wanted to do nothing but stitch on Alice and the B's after that (but trust me, definitely my action plan for tonight!). Without further ado, our ending letter...Z.

Project #1: Once Upon A Time
ouat26"Z" is for Zelena/Wicked Witch of the West. I don't think it was too much of a stretch for the Once crew to venture into Oz, after all, Walt Disney has owned the rights to the Oz books for decades. I was not a Wizard of Oz fan as a kid though and the Wicked Witch from the movie still scares the crap out of me to this very day. Zelena's version is a lot less scary (but I think twice as Wicked) and I absolutely got a kick out of the whole Zelena/Regina twister. This is a bit of a spoiler, but Regina is not Cora's only child...she had a daughter out of wedlock with King Leopold's gardener and abandoned it after birth. It got picked up by a twister, and we all know where people who get picked up by twisters end up. Her jealousy over Regina is what turned her skin green (because her magic mentor Rumple preferred Regina to her and because Cora kept Regina). The whole Oz story line did play on a bit too long though and got boring quickly and, despite liking the evilness of Regina, I was glad to see the backside of her (but I was pleasantly surprised by her return a couple of weeks ago...let's just hope she doesn't stick around though, I think it must be the actress, but she gets old quickly).

So, for the final time, Zelena is the daughter of Cora and half-sister to Regina. She's Rumple's protege (and her secret crush) and she's currently body-snatching with another Once character (and I won't spoil that for those that haven't seen it). That makes her the step-aunt to Snow which means she's the step great-aunt to Emma and baby Neal, and step great-great aunt/adoptive aunt to Henry.

From a stitching side, she's been my favorite character to stitch because of her green skin because you know instantly who the character is!


Project #2: Veronica Mars
vm26"Z" is for Piz. I have a love/hate relationship with Piz. He's really the perfect guy, just not for Veronica (that distinction is all Logan's). Poor Piz never really had a chance up against Logan and I often felt sorry for him because he really did love Veronica. But he also knew when to walk away which makes him even more special and perfect (again, just not for Veronica). It also didn't hurt that he was absolutely gorgeous!


I'll save any final comments for the reflections post, but congrats everyone, we made it to the end! I think I'll also wait until the Reflections post to show each project in their entirety. I doubt I'll have either framed before then (and probably not even mounted), but I can at least show the finished product, minus grid-lines.

Comments

Jeremy [Retro] said…
Wonderful job, awesome posts... great work...

"Z" we made it... thank you!
Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?
Kate said…
Yay!! You made it!! Congratulations!! Terrific job stitching, and I'm so impressed you were able to keep up with it!
Mark K said…
Congratulations on completing the A-Z. Myadvice is to have a little time away from your blog - post-A-Z burnout is not a myth, but reality.

Very well done once again :)
Linda said…
Congratulations for the great finishes Keiley. I'm really looking forward to seeing each of them in their entirety.

Linda
Katy said…
Yay! We finished!!
Tiffstitch said…
Congrats on finishing 2 A-Z Challenges! I ordered some of the markers you mentioned and I hope they help me as much as they do for you in gridding.
Unknown said…
I cannot believe you managed to finish both of those projects in a month! A fantastic awe-inspiring effort! Looking forward to seeing the finished pieces.
Heather said…
Congrats on making it to the end! I read every post even if I didn't comment you all did great!
Stephen Tremp said…
We made it to Z! Amazing you did these art projects for each letter.

Nagzilla said…
I'm so in awe of all the work you did for this challenge. Please accept my congratulations on your Nagzilla’s Star of Excellence Award!